US: Dexter Season 7 (Contains Spoilers)

Man of Honour
I think the dark passenger episode was a bit of a con... Lila came up with the phrase in season 2, not Dexter / Harry in Dexter's childhood.

Seriously writers :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

There's a few dodgy plot holes, like how we are told Harry took his own life / was killed by heart disease.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

And when we found out Rita was married before, you see the marriage certificate in the house, but she could only have been 4 months old when she got married.

Soldato
There's a few dodgy plot holes, like how we are told Harry took his own life / was killed by heart disease.

Is that a plot hole? They all thought heart disease killed him, it turns out he committed suicide instead by overdosing on the heart disease medication.

I'm struggling to see the hole there.

Man of Honour
Is that a plot hole? They all thought heart disease killed him, it turns out he committed suicide instead by overdosing on the heart disease medication.

I'm struggling to see the hole there.

In his conversation with dexter when he was trying to convince that Hannah didn't kill X, he said X died of heart disease and that it was common, even he died of it. However, it had previously been revealed that he had killed himself.

Soldato
In his conversation with dexter when he was trying to convince that Hannah didn't kill X, he said X died of heart disease and that it was common, even he died of it. However, it had previously been revealed that he had killed himself.

But that isn't Harry, it's happening in Dexter's mind.

Caporegime
i thought it would be epic aswell

i do love watching it but im not as eagerly waiting the next series as much as boardwalk empire , game of thrones , breaking bad.

hopefully its a good one next how it started in series 7

Caporegime
I'm really bored with cop shows where, someone arrests someone, and then a lawyer walks into a room unannounced and says they are leaving. In this case, after the evidence was said to be the old evidence, Dexter walked out because some people without the authority said so basically. She didn't have to let the other guy into the interview room, nor did she have to do it on her own unofficially. IE she could have taken it to another cop to arrest and interview.

Likewise, this is a guy she suspects and others did as well of being a mass murderer and a forensics expert, planting some old evidence would be exactly what you'd expect from him. The whole thing felt cheap and rubbish, likewise when they "found" Doakes supplies in a boathouse and again despite their main suspect being a forensics expert, did nothing.

Even worse, at the end she went with no back up, she's a freaking boss, she could have called the entire department down on top of him, but went on her own. Then even worse, she walked into a dead end... and didn't watch the only entrance at all, so painful. I also can't get over what a tranny/boy Deb looked like in the dress at the end... which she hugged the woman she just murdered, then went back to a party full of cops and the dress didn't have blood on it.. magic.

Similar thing(in terms of the arrest) happened in Arrow, main guy gets arrested, is being interogated, and the parents just invite themselves in and order the cops around.... happens almost constantly in Castle... guy arrested, guy being interviewed, lawyer walks in and says "we're leaving" and they ALWAYS let them. Lawyers can tell their client to shut up, they can't order cops around and tell their client to just walk out of a police station when they are under arrest. Stupid little things like that wind me up with these shows.

Crap episode, I've really enjoyed parts of Dexter, but lately he's simply become a murderer, I always hated the dark passenger nonsense, but Deb choosing to murder to protect him is just daft. There is no, he's a murdered..... but he's making the world a better place so I can root for him... he's just a ****, and Deb's always been a ****, and the way he gets away with murders is getting ever more ridiculous.

Massive mistake killing off Isaac the way they did, he went from badass killer to 'Help me Dex!' in a couple episodes. I would have preferred the series to be about Dex being the hunted for a change, would have made for an epic showdown.

Associate
I've never really understood the pleasure people take in moaning about "mistakes" or "plot holes". Sure, ideally they shouldn't happen but we know were watching a TV show here guys and the writers are human. Errors can be annoying but surely you can look at the bigger picture and see past them.
As for S7, I really enjoyed it. I suspect a lot of people watch a show like dexter to enjoy watching a killer kill and get into dramatic fights with "big bads".
But Dexters always been about the psychology of a killer and also the toxic effect his choices have on his friends/family. Although most of the character development was shifted to Deb this year (whose acting was amazing throughout), for me this was something of a return to the shows roots.

Isaac (best guest star since Lithgow?) was a great example of this. They could have gone the obvious route and had a huge fight before the inevitable Dexter victory (which would have been amazing I admit) but instead resolved his story in a deeper way which moved Dexer as a character along.

Also, with the the series end probably coming soon, they have managed to build a hugely tangled mess of lies and bodies, which will probably help the ending to be believable.

Aside from all that, this season had Agent 47 and Sarah from chuck. Whats not to like!

Soldato
I've never really understood the pleasure people take in moaning about "mistakes" or "plot holes". Sure, ideally they shouldn't happen but we know were watching a TV show here guys and the writers are human. Errors can be annoying but surely you can look at the bigger picture and see past them.
As for S7, I really enjoyed it. I suspect a lot of people watch a show like dexter to enjoy watching a killer kill and get into dramatic fights with "big bads".
But Dexters always been about the psychology of a killer and also the toxic effect his choices have on his friends/family. Although most of the character development was shifted to Deb this year (whose acting was amazing throughout), for me this was something of a return to the shows roots.

Isaac (best guest star since Lithgow?) was a great example of this. They could have gone the obvious route and had a huge fight before the inevitable Dexter victory (which would have been amazing I admit) but instead resolved his story in a deeper way which moved Dexer as a character along.

Also, with the the series end probably coming soon, they have managed to build a hugely tangled mess of lies and bodies, which will probably help the ending to be believable.

Aside from all that, this season had Agent 47 and Sarah from chuck. Whats not to like!

I don't care about the plotholes. I care more about how irritating all the supporting cast has become. It's true that the show has been at its best in the times when there's a really good antagonist, and Issac was almost worthy of falling into the bracket. I was a little miffed that he was killed off so early, and so cheaply, when we'd just started to get beneath his skin.

Yet ultimately, season seven just became gradually worse as it progressed. Season six was a real low point for the show, and season seven started off promisingly however the momentum was killed when the writers made some utterly bizarre choices.

I cannot think of another show where I've found every single supporting character as intensely annoying as I have in Dexter. Particularly Deb and LaGuarta.

And as for the latter, I actually let out an audible "Thank ****" when Deb shot her.

So for me, Dexter will go down in history as being a show which is only worth watching for the absolutely stellar performance of its lead actor, yet almost unbearable at times for the completely baffling and underwhelming performances of its supporting cast. In particular, Jennifer Carpenter is only ever doing one of, or a combination of, three things whenever she's on screen: crying, screaming or swearing. All of which make me wish painful and fiery death upon her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom