dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

raja said:
I think it's down to board revisions, maybe Sapphire still have older stock, I think my Connect 3 is revision -20 which I think is 1.2ns. -50 must be 1.1, as that's what my XTX revision is.
Hi Raja , where is the revision , on a label on the board or?

Simon D said:
Hi andyr

Just a quick question on the Xclio 750 PSU did it came fully sleeved?

thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, yes it did , the sleeving is a lot better that the Tagan 580 i had as the sleeve made it like sticks

also nice and small with a very quiet fan "quote from xclio tech support"
XClio GREATPOWER X14S4P4 750W
Dimensions: WxLxH=150x160x86mm (140mm FAN x1 ON TOP)
Warrenty: 2 years

On the down side enough connectors for me but some might not think so
Cable Management System (6 x cables set):
Cable 1 & 2 > 3PCS x 4 pins molex + 1PC x 4 pins floppy
Cable 3 & 4 > 1PC x 6 pins PCI express
Cable 5 & 6 > 2PCS x SATA
Cable 7 > 8 pins server power
Also no kettle lead

Hi,

Good news is that I'm back up and running thanks to the speedy turnaround from recoverybios.

I recieved an email from Tagan regarding the 1100w power supply data,

Dear Sir,
Please check my last email about 900W and 1100W data.
PDF datasheet is under construction.

20A for each 12V rail and 80A totally.
12V1 for 12V 8pin connector
12V2 for 12V 4pin, 12V 8pin, 20+4pin, and HDD power.
12V3 for VGA 6pin No.1 and No.3.
12V4 for VGA 6pin No.2 and No.4.

Regards,

Tech Tagan

I'd imagine that the rails reduce to 18a each when all four are under full load.
The 900w version reduces to 18a max on each individual rail, which becomes around 15a or so when all four rails are supplying max current.

These 2 supplies are quite expensive, the layout however is more graphics driven than most other supplies.

I think I may go for the 900w version and run both 1900's on seperate rails.

3 year warranty too.

Thanks
Raja

Ordered one of these mobo's today, my asrock seems to be holding back my opteron 144 because of the voltage only being adjustable to 1.450 (already know about modding it). Plus i want to go the crossfire route in the next couple of months and this sems as good a solution as any.

Can anyone tell me whats the best bios to use for overclocking? heading out in a second and dont have time to read over the thread. :(

Hi it depends how adventurous you are there is a beta version kicking about , but I am on the 0417 stuff its posted on the dfi site , its a big improvement over the 0328 version that mine arrived with, better ram compatibility , better overclocks, spellings and sata assignment were sorted out

I might just try the bios it ships with to see how that is for overclocking. Might be a different bios it comes with. :)

Id say my opteron is capable of at least 2.8ghz, just seemed to be my asrock board couldn't supply it with enough juice. :( 2.72 at the minute and sorta flakey, runs perfectly for games however nomatter how hard they are.

Flashed to R5UD425 and it doesnt seem any different for me anyways , no better or worse , clocks the same still at 305x10 , ram at 250 stock timings

Got the new power supply running, seems fine so far, pretty quiet too, can't naotice anymore noise than the Seasonic. One downside is that Tagan have provided far too many Sata cables, more than anyone will actually need on most systems. Luckily I have room in my case so was able to tuck the spare cables away.

It's a little warm today, so overclocking may not be too fruitful. I'll see what happens over the weekend.

Raja

Hi,

I'm afraid the Tagan 900w supply is not suitable for some of the DFI boards, even the CFX3200, without a modification to your case power switch.

The problem is that upon a cold bootup, the power supply protection circuitry trips, meaning that you can't power up the machine. Some of the newer motherboards use more startup current than the psu's were designed for.

I have heard of reports of this with other supplies, and also this Tagan 900w unit. The issue is not with the total power supply rating, rather it's to do with the startup overcurrent protection that PSU manufacturers use to protect your equipment from damage, the tolerences need to be worked upon. There is obviously a shortcoming of communication between psu and motherboard manufacturers.

So for the most part, this supply is not suitable at it's current configuration for this motherboard.

For me personally, I have modded the power switch (my diy electronics skills came of use), all seems to be working OK. I will still contact Tagan and see what they have to say about the matter. Otherwise things work fine, I will test further before making any kind of rma decision and see if Tagan have a revision on the way. There is a 3 year warranty so I'm not too bothered at present. Luckily for Tagan, I'm not the sort of person who gets huffed up about issues like these, especially as I'm usually able to engage a fix, or get my money back. For Joe Public however, the best advice would be to look elsewhere until Tagan can fix the issue at the hardware level.

Raja

Raja , its strange that because OcUk today showed them in stock and the 1100 and i give everyone the heads up and then in a blink of an eye Gibbo reported a faulty batch ,

What I found most interesting is how the DFI is either about the same but slightly under, or a LOT faster in crossfire 1900 mode...

There must be something about the board that leads it to excel in certain tests/games but its overall clockspeed may be a smidge lower than the others as stock...

The 3dmark06 score was a particular surprise...

:cool:

Hi , yeah i noticed that also , i still think this board is great and i get my first x1900xtx tomorrow :) , i plan to water cool them , when i get the other one that is . I have been looking at the danger den xfire blocks they look the business , but i am still hearing that later cats will enable two slaves in x fire so i am holding off on that one. anyone heard anything similar?
Edit : the price of master cards is dropping which also makes me think there may be something in it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom