dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

raja said:
I can't see anything new from yesterday, all the files were there. Have you seen anything else that may have been pulled?

510 yesterday and 519 today i think as i flashed with 510 yesterday and just flashed 519 all seems fine although all these are beta versions, become a bit wreckless since i have my spare eprom :eek: hope it works if i need it :)

I used 519 on there yesterday, weird that it did not show for you?

I'm wondering if there is compatibility/overclock problems, as I'm having problems running GRAW even at stock using either CAT 6.4 or 6.5. I can run it perfectly with 6.3, overclocked too.

Regards
Raja

raja said:
I used 519 on there yesterday, weird that it did not show for you?

I'm wondering if there is compatibility/overclock problems, as I'm having problems running GRAW even at stock using either CAT 6.4 or 6.5. I can run it perfectly with 6.3, overclocked too.

Regards
Raja

i am running 6.3 anyway as i have found it the most stable , used 6.4 and 6.5 and both got different issues for me but 6.5 was beta so we will have to wait and see.
just got hold of a swiftech storm water block and a pair of danger den tyee cross fire gpu blocks that i am going to give a go on monday so looking forward to that , only problem is that i only have 1 1900 still :( so will have to wait to build up funds before i can finish it to its full glory but these blocks are very nice might even put them under my bed tonight in case they go missing

great minds think alike, as I've got a swiftech storm coming too, I'm goona team it up with a D5 and a pa120.3 rad. My first foray into wcooling, will be nice to have some lower more stable temps, without being worried about excessive electric bills or condensation.

raja said:
great minds think alike, as I've got a swiftech storm coming too, I'm goona team it up with a D5 and a pa120.3 rad. My first foray into wcooling, will be nice to have some lower more stable temps, without being worried about excessive electric bills or condensation.

great stuff , you will enjoy water cooling its great fun makes your pc a whole more interesting and quieter too , i have the apogee fitted at the moment and its good but im hoping the storm is better , lots of room to get at your water block on this mobo , good layout , if i was you id get jubilee clips from the off as they are loads better than the plastic pipe clips , they are a bit naff and you cant trust them like a jubilee :D
i will post more pics on the water cooling thread monday even though it wont be xfire straight off it will look pretty good i hope

looking at getting this mobo
also looking at msi neo4
looking for as many standard pci slots as l can get
the msi has 4 and this dfi xfire has 3
dfi has good feedback and can addd a extra g- card if l want to down the road
€100 euros between the 2
is the dfi worth the extra €
cheers

It is in someways, but hold off while the ULI issue is being sorted, surf over to DFI street and read the thread of ULI M5288. There is a slight freezing issue. Once that's sorted this board wil qualify as the best ATI 939 board so far. Everything else about the board is a tweakers paradise, quality through and through. Just that one niggle atm, typically like other DFI boards some people still have problems overclocking with Infineon, other have no problem. Do more research if you can. If you're not a heavy tweaker/overclocker you may wish to go for a cheaper motherboard.

not a big overclocker
looking at xfire setup on dfi and allow me to get 2 g-cards down the road
if l wasnt ,may look at msi neo4 mobo,some say the msi are crap
will be commng from abit av8 3 eye ,problems free and looking for same to migrate to pci-e from agp mobo
there are very few mobos that give this with as many pci slots

Last edited:
i would recommend this mobo , as said above there is a slight freeze issue but it happens to me maybe once twice a day at the moment , but you know it will boot even when running at high htt and dfi will sort the issues out bios is updated regularly.I have the infineon chips on my ram and its been fine even with the shipping bios for me

be interesting to see how high you get fsb wise ,that is ,with 4 sticks at 1T , i nearly went that route myself at one point , i think your psu should be ok, but if you are planning on two 1900 gfx they are pretty power hungry and then it depends on what else your running on your system . at worst you can always sell on your 680 but it should be ok

andyr said:
be interesting to see how high you get fsb wise ,that is ,with 4 sticks at 1T , i nearly went that route myself at one point , i think your psu should be ok, but if you are planning on two 1900 gfx they are pretty power hungry and then it depends on what else your running on your system . at worst you can always sell on your 680 but it should be ok
cheers
do you think l might have prob with memory or should it be ok
will be cooling with the reserator 1 plus which is on my current setup

BY Tony @ xtremesystems

Posted this at Xs...if you have issues with the board acting weird after you have been overclocking you need to read this.

Guys

When pushing your board you may just push it a little to far, the issue then is the board does not seem to overclock nice..infact you usually end up thinking you broke it or it just went bad.....issue is cmos has been corrupted, the cmos you can not see.

The fix is to clear this cmos from DOS
with this tool, load up pure dos, then run the exe here, it clears the cmos completely and allows the board to perform as it should.

I will be adding this info to my guide on BE also, the issue seems to be the the ULI south bridge and does hold the board back if pushed hard. Also for high clocks do NOT run raid, the best is to run an IDE drive, second best is a SATA drive but you will lose upto 10fsb if you run raid unless you are off the SI controller.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.leach80/DFI CFX3200 bios settings/F_TESTER.zip

Hi Raja , interesting reading , but i have been running at minimum of 300 fsb from day one and also running raid on uli without any problems and tbh 300 fsb is high enough for me although i have had it stable at 335 but couldnt see the point as performance didnt really show any benefit.

it's nice to have that tool there though just in case someone over does it. I ran it anyway, my cmos was ok (reported).

This is why DFI boards can be the best, there's so much support from hardcore users.

Back
Top Bottom