dfi-rd580 crossfire due soon? (gibbo?)

andyr said:
Hi , yeah i noticed that also , i still think this board is great and i get my first x1900xtx tomorrow :) , i plan to water cool them , when i get the other one that is . I have been looking at the danger den xfire blocks they look the business , but i am still hearing that later cats will enable two slaves in x fire so i am holding off on that one. anyone heard anything similar?
Edit : the price of master cards is dropping which also makes me think there may be something in it

The initial rumour is what you have heard - I believe there is an update in that everything upto the X1900 will be able to cope without a master card , however the X1900's handle too much info for the PCIE bus to handle so will require dongle and master card - I really hope this is wrong however

Are you using a USB Keyboard/Wireless?

You may need to use a PS/2 keyboard, I had this problem with my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium once I set support up for USB it was OK

Simon

Well done, it's definatley worth having just in case.

BTW anyone upgraded to the new bios yet, I'm using it, it's on the DFI tw site for download..

raja said:
Well done, it's definatley worth having just in case.

BTW anyone upgraded to the new bios yet, I'm using it, it's on the DFI tw site for download..
had a look and can only find 0425 stuff , have you got a link to something newer ?

Hi

I have just ordered this MB, waiting for delivery

Just a quick question about chipset drivers for this MB, do you use the ones supplied on the CD, or download new ones from nvidia?

Upgrade to new bios using windows or dos?

Thanks

Simon

Back
Top Bottom