** Diablo 4 Thread **

I was using a minion build which had good survival but the damage output sucks in WT3. Then I switched to bone spear and while that does more damage, I don't have the uniques and affixes to make it work, some builds feel crap until you have every single item required.

Then I came across this build, a hybrid between necro minion summons and infinimist. This build is really fun, only requires pressing three buttons and doesn't need any unique gear. The rotation feels a bit weird because I have zero resource draining abilities on my skillbar so I'm always at 100% resource and never have to watch my resource pool with no way to use it, but the survivability and damage output is nuts - rotation is run in, do one reap, then hit bonestorm and mist and watch big numbers start popping off. I also haven't died once in NM dungeons since swapping to this because mist makes me immune to damage so much, so half the time I'm using mist

Last edited:
Anyone else get lag spikes and fps drops in town? been like it since release and can't seem to stop it from happening! was terrible last night
I have seen previously in this thread that this can be caused by cross play.

You could try and disable this and see if it improves anything.

Anyone else get lag spikes and fps drops in town? been like it since release and can't seem to stop it from happening! was terrible last night
I had that the whole time i was playing, it got worse as the game went on and even started happening in dungeons, only way i found to cure it was closing down the game and restarting. I just put it down to my older hardware with only 8GB VRAM.

Yeah it's never being fixed, game has terrible net code performance. It's rumoured that D4 is using the D3 engine with some tweaks and that's why the game is struggling with issues like lag because the D3 engine wasn't designed to have this many players in one area

These engine problems is also why D4 has to have zones, lots of loading screens and doesn't have a massive seemless world. Everything mechanically about diablo 4's design feels over 10 years old because of it's outdated engineering

Diablo immortal for all its faults runs far better than D4 and has no issues with lots of players in one area and supports large format PVP battlegrounds and players have a huge amount of bag space and there is no lag. Because that game doesn't use the D3 engine it was created using the much better Messiah engine

Last edited:
Yeah it's never being fixed, game has terrible net code performance. It's rumoured that D4 is using the D3 engine with some tweaks and that's why the game is struggling with issues like lag because the D3 engine wasn't designed to have this many players in one area

These engine problems is also why D4 has to have zones, lots of loading screens and doesn't have a massive seemless world. Everything mechanically about diablo 4's design feels over 10 years old because of it's outdated engineering

Diablo immortal for all its faults runs far better than D4 and has no issues with lots of players in one area and supports large format PVP battlegrounds and players have a huge amount of bag space and there is no lag. Because that game doesn't use the D3 engine it was created using the much better Messiah engine
that explains it then!

I played the life out of this game when it came out, went up a WT and then just...stopped. Anyone else experience the same? I just can't bring myself to play it and I have no idea why

I played the life out of this game when it came out, went up a WT and then just...stopped. Anyone else experience the same? I just can't bring myself to play it and I have no idea why

Yep 1-50 was good during the campaign, then it got dull.

For S1 I skipped the campaign, got to mid 30s and quit, it's just boring as hell.

I did the main campaign, unlocked T3, did a small bit of season 1 but havent played it since but thats kind of worked out nicely because its given me the time to play Remnant 2 and in 2 days time its Baldurs Gate 3, so luckily its all kind of worked out perfectly for me :)

Pretty much the same, loved 1-50, but the scaling aspect grew more and more annoying the higher I got. Made it to WT4 but a day or two into the beginning of the grind to 100 I was hit with a 'What's the point?' moment, all motivation immediately crushed and I haven't logged back on since,

I've been trying to keep up to date with what's going on via youtube and sticking my head in the thread every so often, but nothing, no spark whatsoever. It doesn't help that I've been back to the other competition in the break and found a new sense of appreciation for them, this really does pale in comparison to a few of them.

Still destroying everything with my necro-infinimist build, haven't died once in 3 days please don't nerf this blizzard

Last edited:
I've seen people complain that the uncaged malignant hearts are hard to see after a malignant monster dies and it's easy to miss clicking on it and the stats back that up. Blizzard released some season 1 stats and it shows only 1 in 4 hearts gets clicked on by players, so 75% of malignant heart spawns gets misssed by players

Season 1 was already being worked on when the game launched how did no one notice this issue. Blizzard's internal testing really really sucks

Last edited:
yeah same as above posters, really enjoyed first play through campaign and then hit WT3 and realised the end-game is really lacking and stopped playing. There's so many games out or coming out soon to bother playing a lacklustre ARPG endgame

Last edited:
Just uninstalled this, cannot play it anymore. Got to 71 and the grind is just far to steep. Cannot even try different things with paragon points as everything is behind crazy high paywalls. Everything just feels locked away. Hard to believe they paywalled the re-spec. The game uses CC way too much, seems like 99.9% of deaths are CC deaths. All the good dev’s have clearly left Blizzard.
How do you mean “behind paywalls” ? Sorry if stupid question I’m still deliberating whether to buy this or not

Back
Top Bottom