** Diablo 4 Thread **

Currently at level 97 and trying to get my rogue to level 100 so i can be done with the game, level 90+ is such a grind doing the same dungeons over and over. The cheap deaths are annoying and a lot depends on the affixes, the issue here is the crit chance on mobs that can constantly stun you and you cannot move, unfortunately this is a bug that they need to fix.

As a casual gamer there is no end game content, the lack of mobs in a level and level design is so dull and wasting time of finding something in a map than actually killing anything. The affixes are designed to slow you down but they are more annoyances that they ran out of ideas, for example resource burn! lightning storm!. with the release of POE 2 next year which looked amazing over a 100 bosses compared to what 6 and 600 different types of mobs i can see D4 dying. whoever thought it would be a good idea to increase the cooldown time on casting and teleporting our of NM dungeons, the whole point of these games is to cast crazy builds and doing massive damage to mobs instead feeling squishy for example 150% damage to backstabbers frozen stun locked = dead.

To sum it up the main campaign is really good, but pass that the feel of accomplishment is very small you get legendary items with lower power levels, so there's not really much progression, the biggest concern is that we are beta testers is "resists don't work" how can they release such a broken game then nerf it even more just because people are levelling up quicker.

Currently at level 97 and trying to get my rogue to level 100 so i can be done with the game, level 90+ is such a grind doing the same dungeons over and over. The cheap deaths are annoying and a lot depends on the affixes, the issue here is the crit chance on mobs that can constantly stun you and you cannot move, unfortunately this is a bug that they need to fix.

As a casual gamer there is no end game content, the lack of mobs in a level and level design is so dull and wasting time of finding something in a map than actually killing anything. The affixes are designed to slow you down but they are more annoyances that they ran out of ideas, for example resource burn! lightning storm!. with the release of POE 2 next year which looked amazing over a 100 bosses compared to what 6 and 600 different types of mobs i can see D4 dying. whoever thought it would be a good idea to increase the cooldown time on casting and teleporting our of NM dungeons, the whole point of these games is to cast crazy builds and doing massive damage to mobs instead feeling squishy for example 150% damage to backstabbers frozen stun locked = dead.

To sum it up the main campaign is really good, but pass that the feel of accomplishment is very small you get legendary items with lower power levels, so there's not really much progression, the biggest concern is that we are beta testers is "resists don't work" how can they release such a broken game then nerf it even more just because people are levelling up quicker.
Games are supposed to be fun mate why are you punishing yourself playing it if you're not enjoying it. Just do what I did and stop playing, come back in a year when hopefully they've improved the game.

Amazing how everyone is saying how crap the game is after all the hype and excitement
Not me, its got things I dont like, and things I do like. I'm not so fickle as to declare a game that I was enjoying is now "crap". Overall, when I consider my time in D4 so far, I've enjoyed it. Endgame has been rather bland and I didnt like the levelscaling, but I cant in all honesty state that something that I've enjoyed for over 150 hours is crap. I'd have to be some sort of lunatic to spend that amount of time on something I think is crap.

When I consider the endgame that I've played so far, I liken it to Game of Thrones, the last bit of it wasnt good at all but if asked I wouldnt say Game of Thrones is crap. Then again, gamers in general love their hyperbole :D

Amazing how everyone is saying how crap the game is after all the hype and excitement
I think people don't know what they want and how to think for themselves, and there's a lot of following the streamer groupthink.

They want their characters to be OP and slay everything in sight with ease but they want a challenge ...
They want to tear to lvl 100 in a day but they want the game to last a long time with rich deep endgame content ...

I dunno. Unrealistic expectations?

It was always going to be this way though, massive IP, massive marketing campaign, everyone's excited because of nostalgia, it looks slick and everyone is playing it, loads of people have had tons of fun out of it, but there was never going to be any end game and of course a games design flaws and weaknesses become apparent only over time and repeated playthroughs.

Thye can easily turn it around given the right decisons and having enough talented people who know what they are doing working on the game, a lot depends on how much they're allowed to make the game people want to play, or the game the corpo leeches above them want to make.

You sense over at GGG there's nowhere near the same level of destructive corpo oversight.

For me, the first part of the game was good as it was new and good to explore. Over time it became clear that the ones making design decisions are a bunch of out of touch fools that never played any of the other games. Some of the decisions are so blatantly wrong and damaging that make lag a big problem. If I paid £20, I would consider it ok but 7 years dev time and £60 for the basic version is just taking the ****. They could fool people into thinking it would be great based on previous games and it worked. I would be surprised if it did not improve massively but it will take a lot of time. I will probably play it again from time to time but I am now past the exploring phase.

Last edited:
Games are supposed to be fun mate why are you punishing yourself playing it if you're not enjoying it. Just do what I did and stop playing, come back in a year when hopefully they've improved the game.

To finally hit level 100, the feel of relief once it's done. Knowing that I almost completed the game is going to bug me plus being level 97 i know the end is almost here.

Also I think most of the devs have never played the previous ARPG games or any idea of how resists/ crit damage work, so they just see a bunch of numbers and think "yeah that needs nerfing". When i cast for example poison imbuement i want to see massive damage output but having to wait 20 seconds for cast it again is not fun at all. They also relied so much on Vulnerable damage and almost every build relies on it and still relies on it "oh thats too much lets nerf it" to make everyone's build trash, and not buff anything at all that is one way to kill your game.

D4 is very much a love hate relationship, some dungeons are good fun where there are no stupid affixes and with the right build can be fun, but seeing how blizzard have treated the customer in regards to nerfing everything it's all about $$$.

No, your points are extreme and reductive. There's enough precedence for how to do an ARPG well, and blizz has missed the mark on many of the factors that make them great in endgame.
100% this, the campaign should have only been a small part of it where end game being the most precedent, however with D4 it was the opposite

Wow man, as if there's some guy pimping MY build in a YT vid today with 1000s of views already. I did 20+ NMs weeks ago and it wasn't even hard.

Well, I'll show these Matt Damons a real achievement, as 30+NMs are almost within reach.

My new weapon, forged by the gods themselves, will aid me in this great crusade.

3PM6gE7.jpg

Players find a way to fix diablo 4's biggest issue - seasonal realm. Players have found a way to transfer eternal realm characters into the seasonal realm

Blizzard is threatening to ban anyone who transfers their characters between realms

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom