** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
I really don't think this game is going to be upto scratch until at least season 4.
Feel like Poe has a real opportunity with it's coming season next week

Poe2 not out for 12 months mate, diablo 4 will be on season 6 by then

Poe1 is a old grindfest game, 90% of d4 players aren't interested in it, they were attracted to d4 because it's supposed to be more time friendly

Last edited:
Soldato
The worst thing is CC deaths, it happens all the time. Don’t know how people play hardcore mode, lag spike+CC = instant death for me. My build is rubbish but still, seems to be way too much CC. D3 had it but not to the point that every death was a CC death. I think they also changed the zoom to help with lag but that means you get killed from off screen, that must be fun for hardcore players.

Associate
Poe2 not out for 12 months mate, diablo 4 will be on season 6 by then

Poe1 is a old grindfest game, 90% of d4 players aren't interested in it, they were attracted to d4 because it's supposed to be more time friendly
And how did that turn out? D4 is literally just a grind to 50, and then grind to 100. It has a total lack of content, even the dungeons have the same 4/5? boss at the end, and the mobs to get to them are the same too.

They have to add so much more content, in terms of enemy types and dungeon bosses and actually add some meaningful end game content also.

I dont think this game will be in a good state until the first DLC.

Man of Honour
Diablo 3 was pretty poopy until the expansion so it'll probably take D4 a while to mature. It's odd they remove so many of the sensible QoL features they added in D3 though. It genuinely feels like a step backward in so many areas.

Soldato
And how did that turn out? D4 is literally just a grind to 50, and then grind to 100. It has a total lack of content, even the dungeons have the same 4/5? boss at the end, and the mobs to get to them are the same too.

They have to add so much more content, in terms of enemy types and dungeon bosses and actually add some meaningful end game content also.

I dont think this game will be in a good state until the first DLC.
I dont need more content, the game just needs to be fun. Leveling need to feel like you are getting more powerful and not just easyer to kill. Also, they need to remove the stash sync bs, all it does is create lag. Maybe then we could have the proper zoom level.

Associate
They need to add loads more content, no one wants to do the same couple of things for 100s of hours they also need to add loot you actually want to farm for and create some build diversity, all of which should have been done before release.

Caporegime
Diablo 3 was pretty poopy until the expansion so it'll probably take D4 a while to mature. It's odd they remove so many of the sensible QoL features they added in D3 though. It genuinely feels like a step backward in so many areas.

Blizzard's approach to delaying things like QoL changes that have already proven popular with players illustrates their current direction with the game. Instead of launching the game with a fully developed endgame, they're choosing to gradually introduce features that have been tested and well-received in the past. This slow drip-feed strategy seems aimed at artificially maintaining player engagement over time, rather than delivering a complete and satisfying experience from the outset. As @Darujhistan aptly pointed out.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Blizzard's approach to delaying things like QoL changes that have already proven popular with players illustrates their current direction with the game. Instead of launching the game with a fully developed endgame, they're choosing to gradually introduce features that have been tested and well-received in the past. This slow drip-feed strategy seems aimed at artificially maintaining player engagement over time, rather than delivering a complete and satisfying experience from the outset. As @Darujhistan aptly pointed out.
It's MVP. Nothing new in software development. And their "minimum" is all they needed to get crazy revenue. Why should they care, they could just let the game rot and have 1 guy on season content for the next 10 years. Shmucks will lap it up and throw season pass money at them 4 times a year.

Associate
I dont need more content, the game just needs to be fun. Leveling need to feel like you are getting more powerful and not just easyer to kill. Also, they need to remove the stash sync bs, all it does is create lag. Maybe then we could have the proper zoom level.
That's the biggest issue with the world scaling to your level. I really don't think it works very well.

Associate
D3 was the same for me, I played at launch then didn't touch it until season 3. Played for a few seasons in a row and then skipped a good chunk. It's one of the things I enjoy about the more casual side of D3 /D4. Instead of feeling I'm really missing out on the extra bag space etc.

Soldato
The worst thing is CC deaths, it happens all the time. Don’t know how people play hardcore mode, lag spike+CC = instant death for me. My build is rubbish but still, seems to be way too much CC. D3 had it but not to the point that every death was a CC death. I think they also changed the zoom to help with lag but that means you get killed from off screen, that must be fun for hardcore players.
I've noticed that when in dungeons sometimes you'll come across a normal mob that is hard coded to kill you and there's nothing you can do skill wise to avoid the death

Back
Top Bottom