** Diablo 4 Thread **

It actually looks very well done, and a welcome return to what I liked about the Diablo series. Was so disappointed with Diablo 3 when it was released I said I wouldn't buy another Blizzard title at release. I bought it again on Xbox years later, which made me enjoy it more, but I still found the end game a bit lacking. Depending on price and if I can get into the beta, I might look at picking Diablo 4 up at release.

Livestream for the developer interview starts at 7:00 PM tonight (UK) if anyone's interested. If not (or you miss it) then it'll be up to re-watch on YouTube afterwards.

Depending on price and if I can get into the beta, I might look at picking Diablo 4 up at release.

If you pre-order (£60-£90) you are guaranteed early access to the beta on March 17th.

You can pre-order the basic package to get into the betas, then if you like it upgrade to the deluxe for the headstart for £30.

Last edited:
Still not paying £60 for a game. Might try the open beta (assuming I remember and can get in to actually play) but will definitely be waiting for a Blizzard sale to buy D4. Also need to wait and see if it will work on Linux (most Blizzard games do with Wine) as otherwise it'll be a waste of money anyway.

The min/max specs to run the game were better than I expected.
How they described diminishing returns on armour was a bit odd.
I was hoping strongholds would not be permanently "won" and maybe could come under assault, and potentially be lost again, to make the world more dynamic.
Not sure if I like that armour can mitigate spell damage also on top of also having spell resistances.

That cosmetic you get for getting a character to max level in the open beta is SO cute :D

Yeah I liked it :) I saw you can get a couple of achievements also for reaching level 20 in the beta.

The min/max specs to run the game were better than I expected.
How they described diminishing returns on armour was a bit odd.
I was hoping strongholds would not be permanently "won" and maybe could come under assault, and potentially be lost again, to make the world more dynamic.
Not sure if I like that armour can mitigate spell damage also on top of also having spell resistances.

Yeah I liked it :) I saw you can get a couple of achievements also for reaching level 20 in the beta.
Do bear in mind though that those "recommended" specs were only to play the game at 60fps in 1080 with medium settings

Expect this to go same way a D3 after that monstrosity I will be sticking to POE
I like both, but POE has lost its way for me lately, its become less of a game and more of a race. D4 will do nicely and then POE2 will come out somewhere down the road probably just as I'm beginning to tire of D4, so should all work out nicely :D

Diablo and POE are like yin and yang, gotta have a bit of both really. Loving playing diablo 3 S28 just now

Yeah, definitely. Ideally we'd have a lot more ARPG's on the market that are at the quality level of Path of Exile. It would be better for everyone to have more choice and developers pushing each other to produce better quality content due to having competition.

£60? Forget that, not after the Diablo 3 train wreck! i remember I couldn't even login to play the bloody thing when it first came out.

Open beta is available for everyone (without needing to pre-order) from March 24 - 26th. Might be worth a look to see how you find it :)

Do bear in mind though that those "recommended" specs were only to play the game at 60fps in 1080 with medium settings

Aye. I'd say anyone with a 1080 ti+ on a modern CPU should be comfortable at medium/high at 1440p/60 FPS. People with 2080+ should crush it at 1440p/144 FPS (depending on RT). The game does have DLSS and FSR too.

£60 is nothing compared to the amount of hours you'll get out of this game. I've been playing D3 since launch and must have STUPID amount of hours in it, definitely got my moneys worth ten fold.

Yeah, definitely. Ideally we'd have a lot more ARPG's on the market that are at the quality level of Path of Exile. It would be better for everyone to have more choice and developers pushing each other to produce better quality content due to having competition.
*Cough* Grim Dawn *Cough*
:D

Back
Top Bottom