** Diablo 4 Thread **

they said it'll be a live service seasonal game with the first main season starting some time after launch. Launch will have some form of pre-season stuff but I think that's it so far

Think this will be up there as one of the fastest selling games on release.

Is there any news on how extensive the end game will be to start with?

There's some that we know of, such as nightmare dungeons (120~ scalable dungeons, basically the replacement to rifts), helltides (region-wide events), and whispers of the dead (basically world quests from warcraft). There's also the Fields of Hatred if you're into PvP. As MadMossy said though they'll be doing a deep dive on end-game in a few weeks after open beta.

it's going to be interesting to see if the seasonal starts of poe 2 and D4 are staggered, guess ideally they would be at mid points to each other but doubt that will happen

going from poe gauntlet to d3 power creep s28 has been pretty fun, just a chill out experience for a week

Last edited:
it's going to be interesting to see if the seasonal starts of poe 2 and D4 are staggered, guess ideally they would be at mid points to each other but doubt that will happen

going from poe gauntlet to d3 power creep s28 has been pretty fun, just a chill out experience for a week
poe is dead.
Its a reason GGG devs wanted poe2 out the door before diablo4.
But they are late.
poe2 will be a niche game and likely they have to let staff go at some point.

I would chose diablo4 season everytime vs poe2.
Soon you know why

Think this will be up there as one of the fastest selling games on release.
Probably will be and Blizzard know it. Hell they could charge 99.99 for the base game, people would rant about it on forums but they'd still stump up the money come release and Blizzard probably know that.

Sidenote : I honestly dont think we are far away now from the first 99.99 standard edition game release. Maybe within the next 18-24 months.

poe is dead.
Its a reason GGG devs wanted poe2 out the door before diablo4.
But they are late.
poe2 will be a niche game and likely they have to let staff go at some point.

I would chose diablo4 season everytime vs poe2.
Soon you know why

No chance, PoE isn't dead and D4 won't kill it either. They might be the same genre of game but they are vastly different.

Then there's the content and what we know so far about D4 is that it's endgame will pale in comparison to PoE2, you have to remember that PoE2 is just an "expansion" to PoE1 so all the content available in the game currently, will still be present in PoE2.

I've tried PoE so many times but can't get into it, far too clunky for me and while I'm sure there are end game builds that make it less so, I cba.

PoE is a game that requires investment before you really get hooked, not monetary investment but time, took me 3 months to really get to grips with all the systems, but once I did and everything clicked into place the game truely opened up to me and offered thousands of hours of content.

PoE2 might change that as they aim to make the game more accessible to a wider audiance.

it would be great if they could flip between K&M and console controls for PC users, some builds just feel really nice on a controller with none of the left click move issues

They mentioned during the live stream that you can change LMB so it doesn't have to move you as well as using an attack.

Slightly concerned by system requirements.
6700k, 1080 strix, 1440p 144hz

Nah, you'll be fine if their recommend settings are realistic - not for ultra or anything, but easily playable. The 1080 was about 70% better then 970, so I'd imagine medium/high at 1440p/60-90 FPS.

Back
Top Bottom