** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
I've got no interest in the end game but would you say it's a game worth playing local coop just through the story / campaign and can 2 characters level together in coop with one copy of the game on xbox?
Unless it’s totally different to on the PlayStation which levelling together in couch coop with one copy of game definitely works, and I’ve found it fun with my son to do that

Soldato
How do the seasons work?

I am only interested in more quests really. Do the seasons have more campaign missions?

Also how long for example is the campaign in season 1?

Also once season 1 is finished and season 2 starts can you still play season 1 or it's finished forever?

---

I'm on act 6 of the campaign. Overall it's a decent game. The best bits is the landscape. The core game play is ok to but nothing innovative.

They should have tried to put more thought in to making the story line better as it's not that great.

But overall it's been enjoyable for sure.

I love chasing down those little treasure goblins.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do the seasons work?

I am only interested in more quests really. Do the seasons have more campaign missions?

Also how long for example is the campaign in season 1?

Also once season 1 is finished and season 2 starts can you still play season 1 or it's finished forever?

---

I'm on act 6 of the campaign. Overall it's a decent game. The best bits is the landscape. The core game play is ok to but nothing innovative.

They should have tried to put more thought in to making the story line better as it's not that great.

But overall it's been enjoyable for sure.

I love chasing down those little treasure goblins.
I played for around 2/3 of the time that season 1 has been out. There's a new quest line that introduces the new mechanic specific to this season. The new mechanic are "hearts" which are just new gems with more modifiers to your character that you can only slot in your jewelry. There's only one heart that is most commonly useful for most people (barber). You farm for the hearts by fighting specific elites or going in to specific dungeons, where it's down to luck as to whether you get hearts you are after. The new storyline and quest is so small and insignificant that it's not worth it if you're looking for more story.

Once you have the the hearts you need, and other than the battle pass rewards, there's pretty much no interaction with seasonal content. I think the general opinion is the season is very light on content. I've had fun playing Diablo 4, but once I got to around level 80, I was bored of the lack of content and variety and stopped playing. I hadn't found any decent loot to upgrade to for over 2 weeks at the point I decided to stop playing.

Soldato
I played for around 2/3 of the time that season 1 has been out. There's a new quest line that introduces the new mechanic specific to this season. The new mechanic are "hearts" which are just new gems with more modifiers to your character that you can only slot in your jewelry. There's only one heart that is most commonly useful for most people (barber). You farm for the hearts by fighting specific elites or going in to specific dungeons, where it's down to luck as to whether you get hearts you are after. The new storyline and quest is so small and insignificant that it's not worth it if you're looking for more story.

Once you have the the hearts you need, and other than the battle pass rewards, there's pretty much no interaction with seasonal content. I think the general opinion is the season is very light on content. I've had fun playing Diablo 4, but once I got to around level 80, I was bored of the lack of content and variety and stopped playing. I hadn't found any decent loot to upgrade to for over 2 weeks at the point I decided to stop playing.

Back when Diablo 3 released I played it like a single player campaign and don't think I was that aware of seasons.

This time round I was thinking I would be pretty much the same but was just wondering if there was more storyline stuff included in the seasons which would get me interested.

If there isn't then I will just move on to other games.

I now just have the epilogue to go.

Soldato
Back when Diablo 3 released I played it like a single player campaign and don't think I was that aware of seasons.

This time round I was thinking I would be pretty much the same but was just wondering if there was more storyline stuff included in the seasons which would get me interested.

If there isn't then I will just move on to other games.

I now just have the epilogue to go.
The campaign is great and I have had my monies worth from the game, but at the moment there's little incentive to keep playing. Unfortunately the first season of content is disappointing. They've got a lot of things to fix, QoL features to add, and adding incentives to keep playing. I haven't heard much from the devs in recent weeks about what they are doing or details of season 2. So for now I'll just play something else and hope they can get the game in a better shape in the future.

For now I have actually gone to play Diablo 3 season 29 as I have never played the seasonal content. It has been fun so far!

Associate
Desperate times for Blizz if they're putting it on STEAM.

These AAA studios and their publishers will do LITERALLY ANYTHING other than make a good feature-complete (or in this case enough content to justify being a seasonal LSG) game that people want to play, they don't want to invest the time and money to make money, but they want your time and money upfront and then for years going forward.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone going to play S2? I am going to give it a try and hopefully I will have a good time. This time I am going to play a sorcerer. A lot of changes coming, hopefully enough to keep us entertained.

Last edited:
Soldato
nah, the s2 changes are all pretty good... but the next time I play it I really want it to feel amazing, not just a bit better or how release should have been

Soldato
I'll be playing. Personally I like the game, it's not as bad as people want to make out, but yeah... it's not great either.

As someone that loves playing Sorcerer/Wizard in ARPGs, I'm kinda disappointed that there isn't MORE skill variety. Like when you compare D3 Wizard to D4 Sorc, you're missing things like Black Hole, Archon, Arcane Orb, Energy/Storm Armor, Diamond Skin, Ray of Frost, Arcane Torrent, Disintegrate, Explosive Blast, Mirror Image, Slow Time etc etc. It made every play through different and depending on what legendaries dropped, you could simply adapt your skills to match.

In D4 every single W4 Sorc is running 4 of the same defensive skills; Ice Armor, Frost Nova, Teleport and Fire Shield. Also when Uniques drop when you're entering Tier 4, you're already working on your build choice, so changing is stupidly expensive and time-consuming (money and mats) and so you end up with loads of unwanted Uniques sitting in your stash.

I think the game will get there, but it'll probably take an expansion or two with some heavy itemization and skill reworks.

Associate
Ill give it a go but lets be honest there is no real new content apart from 5 bosses mainly for unique targeting which is good but i feel it is nowhere near enough to keep me interested longterm.
Yet another game that is all about endgame actually having no endgame until God knows how long after launch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Download has started, 7GB download topping out at 100KB/s.........

Edit - after waiting 5 mins speeds went to normal and download finished

Last edited:
Associate
I logged back in for the first time since pre-season one yesterday. Just wanted to create a season 1 character than logged back out. Will probably end up doing the same for season 2 unless there is lots of positive news about season 2. Can't have too many mules, and you never know if Blizzard will give something for playing in every season somewhere down the line.

Back
Top Bottom