** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
is that helmet available for all classes?
Yes it is, there’s a useful guide here to what drops where and which classes can use

Congrats ! With the Harlequin crest your avatar looks like an extra from Arrow :D

It’s not the best looking helm tbh, but my ego won’t let me transmog it just yet!

Associate
Current level 10 on the free trial... and I am finding that it just isn't grabbing me. I don't mind the combat, questing or story, all of them are fine, but the bit I can't get my head around is the what's the point of levelling aspect. Yes I get new skills, but it never makes me fundamentally better than what I am fighting. I think that's the enemies auto levelling aspect. Does that go away over time?

Soldato
Current level 10 on the free trial... and I am finding that it just isn't grabbing me. I don't mind the combat, questing or story, all of them are fine, but the bit I can't get my head around is the what's the point of levelling aspect. Yes I get new skills, but it never makes me fundamentally better than what I am fighting. I think that's the enemies auto levelling aspect. Does that go away over time?
No, as you level, they level(more). It’s not as bad as it was though, but never feel strong unless you put a lot of time in or follow a guide.

Associate
Well just got an email direct from Blizzard offering Diablo 4 for £35...(and the other 2 versions for £45 and £50)

They are really trying to get people to buy it (and not on Steam).

Associate
I bought the ultimate edition on Xbox but fancy trying it on the pc now, its a shame they expect you to pay full price for another copy, ive already double dipped on D2 resurrected and D3 lol

Soldato
I bought the ultimate edition on Xbox but fancy trying it on the pc now, its a shame they expect you to pay full price for another copy, ive already double dipped on D2 resurrected and D3 lol

You think that's bad, I would prefer to load from steam esp for the ease of use on the deck but they expect you to buy another copy...

Associate
Apparently at some point in season 3 there will be an update so that when you extract a legendary aspect, it goes into your codex instead of taking up stash space. This was the whole reason I gave up on the game as I got to the point where I had no space left and couldn't even sort them easily to find duplicates. Will happily jump back in when the change happens.

Man of Honour
Really enjoying season 2 now they’ve made levelling quicker. Also, for the first time playing a Diablo game, I’ve made a character that isn’t a barbarian :D

Twisted blade rogue is great fun. A bit more involved than the whirlwind barb builds I’m used but makes it more interesting

Already level 55 and I only started the character yesterday

Soldato
Really enjoying season 2 now they’ve made levelling quicker. Also, for the first time playing a Diablo game, I’ve made a character that isn’t a barbarian :D

Twisted blade rogue is great fun. A bit more involved than the whirlwind barb builds I’m used but makes it more interesting

Already level 55 and I only started the character yesterday
Agreed.

I'm just about to hit 75 on my sorcerer and am nowhere near bored with it yet.

Highest I've been on any character so far.

Associate
I usually don't like ARPGs but I've been having a blast - can't understand all the criticism of the game, although having to start a new toon every season is a bit of a bad idea

Soldato
I usually don't like ARPGs but I've been having a blast - can't understand all the criticism of the game, although having to start a new toon every season is a bit of a bad idea
you dont "have" to you can play eternal realm
but the critism is pre season 2, its getting better but far from what it should be

Associate
I’m having a great time playing this - I have no idea what I’m doing.. no idea if I should be just scrapping the orange gear I’m getting if it’s not a “green” upgrade..

BUT— enjoyit it none the less!

Associate

You not knowing that starting a new character every season is pretty much how ARPG seasons work leads me to believe you're not very experienced in ARPG's (which you already hinted at to be fair), this is also why you're probably having a blast, as you're not at the end game. People who play a lot of ARPG's often find the end-game one of the most important parts of the game - which D4 is severely lacking (amongst other things, like crappy itemisation). Some improvements are being made but it still has a long way to go.

Edit - Forgot to add though, if you're enjoying it, then ignore all this and keep enjoying it! That's what matters after all. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
Checked S2 out briefly. What an insult. May as well start everyone off at level 30.

S2 starts as soon as S1 ends. No one is gonna play eternal seriously again

Pretty much lost all incentive to play when I read that :cry:

But why bother doing NMDs far above your level ? You don't get better loot ( ok, Blizz will claim you do by having a slightly higher number of ancestral items drop ) and the XP bonus caps out at +10 your level. Being able to finish NMD lvl 100 means nothing.

This is just noob talk. It means everything and the lower level you are the greater the 'achievement'. The irony being this is an actual achievement unlike most of the official fluff you can accomplish. And it's ever the more satisfying when you figure your own way and haven't copied some be-all and end-all build online. And XP for glyphs goes beyond that last time I was playing, but I don't care about that. There's fun in the challenge. No wonder some of you are bored if y'all just stomping stuff at level.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom