** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
I know I've said this in the past but 1 thing that I have missed is grouping\match making with randoms.

I enjoyed this on D3 and this is 1 of the things that kept me playing as its more fun that playing solo all the time.

I would be playing much more if this was added in to the game.

XP boost would be an added bonus

EDIT - I also do not ever seem to get any items that would be for a build for my class, everyone else seems to find them easily but Ive done 3 characters and so far none with a build from Icy vines or maxroll

Last edited:
Associate
This is just noob talk. It means everything and the lower level you are the greater the 'achievement'. The irony being this is an actual achievement unlike most of the official fluff you can accomplish. And it's ever the more satisfying when you figure your own way and haven't copied some be-all and end-all build online. And XP for glyphs goes beyond that last time I was playing, but I don't care about that. There's fun in the challenge. No wonder some of you are bored if y'all just stomping stuff at level.
Well played for resurrecting a comment made back when S1 was in full swing. NMD dungeons have been revamped slightly in S2 but they need more work/value added. I have completed NMD tier 100, but it's still more efficient running lower tier NMDs for glyph XP. Back to you ... noob !

Associate
I know I've said this in the past but 1 thing that I have missed is grouping\match making with randoms.

I enjoyed this on D3 and this is 1 of the things that kept me playing as its more fun that playing solo all the time.

I would be playing much more if this was added in to the game.

XP boost would be an added bonus

EDIT - I also do not ever seem to get any items that would be for a build for my class, everyone else seems to find them easily but Ive done 3 characters and so far none with a build from Icy vines or maxroll
Class specific unique items appear to have been moved to the endgame boss fights ie. Varshan, Grigoire, Vir etc. They can still drop in open play but in my experience that seldom happens. Same is true for certain specific affixes that can be build defining ... the chance of them dropping seems much higher in WT4. I've noticed this playing both a druid and sorc this season.

Associate
I also had an email from Blizzard offering it me for £35, is this worth picking up or wating for it to appear on Game pass (assuming it will at some point). I enjoyed the previous Diablo games but the price & only being a very casual gamer these days due to lack of time had put me off initially.

Associate
Is this worth getting into again? I completed the story when it came out and didn't feel compelled to go back to it at all...
If you already own the game then there’s no lose to returning, the rest depends if you like levelling new characters and farming for new builds. With S2 they made quite a few QoL chances that do make quite a difference, but it still quite repetitive once you hit 50 and are basically farming upgrades to reach WT4 and higher levels.

Permabanned
Well played for resurrecting a comment made back when S1 was in full swing. NMD dungeons have been revamped slightly in S2 but they need more work/value added. I have completed NMD tier 100, but it's still more efficient running lower tier NMDs for glyph XP. Back to you ... noob !

To be fair I couldn't reply earlier. Revamped you say. Made easier? If not then it sounds like you need a greater challenge. Maybe my barb should grant you an audience.

How about it punk, think you can take me?

Associate
To be fair I couldn't reply earlier. Revamped you say. Made easier? If not then it sounds like you need a greater challenge. Maybe my barb should grant you an audience.

How about it punk, think you can take me?
PvP in D4 is utter trash. Only challenging thing in D4 is Uber-Lilith and that's because it's a badly designed encounter with added latency/lag to mess things up even more.

Soldato
If that was a steam copy I would be interested. But chances are it is not. Fancy grabbing it on steam once it is su £35. Same with BG3.
I ended up getting it for £35 and honestly am really enjoying it so far. Got to lvl 20 on my sorc and it's been good fun - nice to just dip into for an hour as time allows

Reactions: TNA
Associate
After losing interest in D4 in Season 1 I have been reading up on the improvements to the game and these seem like really much needed updates. For me when I worked out it would take me several hundred years to obtain an uber unique I lost interest as I didn't think I could wait that long but I'm pleased that these are able to drop on the special boss now and are achievable. Will likely come back in the new year for Season 3 so look forward to seeing some old players from release hopefully then.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I ended up getting it for £35 and honestly am really enjoying it so far. Got to lvl 20 on my sorc and it's been good fun - nice to just dip into for an hour as time allows

Playing it free for a week. Got to level 5 so far.

Doesn't seem like anything too special so far. But good enough. Perhaps it gets better later.

Right now o am thinking let's see if it grabs me enough to want to buy it on steam. If not will get a 1 month game pass for £1 and play it when it eventually hits that.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm really underwhelmed by the visuals of this. Everything looks blurry and washed out. PoE with HDR mod looks way better. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Associate
I'm really underwhelmed by the visuals of this. Everything looks blurry and washed out. PoE with HDR mod looks way better. Is there a setting that I'm missing?
The colour palette can make the game feel bland ... very little colour, lot of shades of grey and brown. Other than that graphics feel quite sharp to me. Are you playing on PC ? The console version does a look a bit blurry in comparison.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
If that was a steam copy I would be interested. But chances are it is not. Fancy grabbing it on steam once it is su £35. Same with BG3.

Its out on Steam now for the same price, although its £35.99 on both Steam and Battlnet. I was half tempted but nothing compelling me to play it immediately so will wait a bit i think.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom