** Diablo 4 Thread **

have all the classes at 25 now apart from rogue at 18 (todays goal). Pretty much agree with Krips sum up of the classes so far. The funny standouts is barb basically being the least survivable and sorc being the most survivable :cry:

This is from the point of view of having only a few aspects unlocked as the beta has a 3x drop rate

I guess the Barbarian does at least have the advantage that it can have more legendaries than any other class

yep in the later part of the campaign and end-game the balance will change

try playing all the chars again taking off all the powerful busted legendries, say keep 3 normal ones and the rest all rares and see how they feel

Thats my druid done as well, so thats all 5 classes done, got to say that I've enjoyed all of them so will do 1 of each at release and see which one gets to max on hardcore first :)

Got my sorcerer to level 21 and had fun doing it. But wont be buying it right now, probably be waiting until it is down a bit in price, although someone mentioned in this thread I think they never really do any 'sales' on their game but maybe can find decent price on CDKeys or such. Also, might play Diablo III first, not decided yet.

Yeah it's extremely unlikely they'll do any discounts on a newly released game for a while unfortunately.

Diablo 3 is worth a go though and you can get quite a lot of fun out of it, even if you just do the main story and the expansion.

As someone who's NEVER played a Diablo game - and not usually a fan of this type of game, I've very much enjoyed the couple of beta weekends. Really opened my eyes to this style/type of game .

Barbarian was a bit mehh - hard work - not very survivable at all.
Loving this weekend playing as Druid - great fun, WAY more enjoyable.

Probably a purchase for me as not much else floating my boat at the moment.

I managed to get most classes to 25. Until I know endgame I'm not interested. No purchase from me I'm afraid probably a year down the road until endgame is even 10% of POE

Got the Necro levelled up and had a bit of a play with with the legendary affixes to get it semi geared. I went pure minions and not one of the busted spell caster builds that are coming up, it still felt very over tuned for those early levels though.

I've been finding the minion AI to be a bit hit and miss, the aggression and target priority seems a bit all over the place at times. Sometimes they won't engage enemies that are at close range, unless they are hit by them or initiate I an attack first. Other times during the events I find them running around everywhere when I want them to stick close and be meat shields. I often see them switching targets too, there could be an elite that they swarm and start to melt, but if another trash mob attacks them they suddenly all aggro to that instead of finishing off the elite. Certainly needs a bit of tweaking or some behaviour options added in there to make them a bit more predictable.

It probably will be a purchase from me, but not right away. Nothing I've played or have read from the guys leaking the endgame/paragon details really stands out to me yet, all these games tend to take a little while to cook and hit a nice balance, plus if there's seasonal content I'd more than likely be playing that exclusively anyway, so there's no loss for me to watch from he side lines for a while and see how things pan out.

I think it will be better than D3, but hard to say where it sits with all the other games already out there at the moment. If they stick with it and come up with some fun/creative content to experience or even add each league then it will probably be solid. If it got the D3 treatment though I'd get worried for it pretty quickly.

I have concerns over the endgame for this, specially after the various rumours and interviews with devs where they talked about the dungeons etc. ARPGs take most of my gaming time up and this was going to be a instant day 1, but after seeing/playing the beta am going to hold off (ofc I'll end up getting it eventually lol).

I'll be sticking to POE and Last Epoch for now, POE obviously being the best (with its bloat and complexity problems even) and Last Epoch is shaping up to be a cracking game too. Wil wait to see how it actually pans out, but this is Blizz' :)

Last edited:
If this weren't quite so expensive I'd deffo pick it up. I likely still will, but maybe I'll let it ride a bit until the launch bugs are cleaned up and a couple patches are in. Unlikely to drop in price by then, but will feel a bit better about dropping that much cash on it if it's great from first play through.

Or I'll cave and buy it, who knows. I kinda needed a good ARPG fix and I'm liking this.

Back
Top Bottom