** Diablo 4 Thread **

got my druid to 20 to unlock the beta perks for release. didnt enjoy the char much, felt laborious with the spirit generation. slow generators, fast spirit depletion.

i did like the legendary perks. kept it somewhat interesting to respec your skills to fit your gear.

Got Rogue to 25 today, it's not my usual goto class, but I think it's got the best and most fun combat of the beta. At first I went with a ranged/arrow build, but it felt flat. So I changed to Throwing Knives and Twisted Blades with Poison Imbuement and Dash. Totally transformed the experience. It also helped I got super lucky on legendary drops that made Twisted Blades even stronger and another that gave my basic skills +56% att speed. Lots of fun.

Of the beta I think Sorc and Rogue are the best. Necro can be good, especially when everything aligns for corpse explosion, but it's a bit too "managerial" for my liking. Also it's the only class I couldn't beat The Butcher with, he just railed me.

The open beta weekend went fairly well with the only queue being on Friday. I did have a few game crashes and a little rubberbanding but other than that it seemed fine. I'm still don't think it's worth £60 (for me) as I would only really play it for the storyline and have little interest in the eternal grind, so I will definitely be waiting for a sale.

I enjoyed both weekends. Leveled up and geared a Sorc and Necro of which I did prefer the Sorc. Graphically it was top draw with excellent detail and lighting, looked so much better in game than on YT videos.

Classes obviously are not balanced at low level and the dev's said as much stating the cap is level 100 so there's a lot more to go.

I just hope there are plenty of viable endgame builds.

I've purchased it after the two beta weekends. There's enough there for me to see there'll be a decent albeit quite casual end game experience (at least until we're a season or two in) without diving into an excel spreadsheet like with PoE.

Diablo 3 was pretty horrific on launch and this is nowhere near that.

Last edited:
If it was a bit cheaper, I'd have no issue buying and playing it for a month to go through the story, gear a character up and push a bit. And then go back occasionally for seasons. I'm a bit torn on the price:enjoyment vs hours in other games.

Didn't realise there was a lvl 20 reward, best get cracking before 8pm!

I think I'll pre-order, not my usual style of game but I did enjoy what I played in the beta this weekend. Will need time to financially recover mind you, not a cheap investment but in terms of time I reckon I'll get value from it.

Pre-purchased ultimate. Given I've spunked a hell of a lot more on POE mtx over the last couple of years, I see no issue going with the baller version here.

At least until I see how they monetise the game going forward... might be some regrets :D

is it still going on today?

Yeah, until 8 PM English time.

On another note. Got my Rouge to level 20 as well, just for fun. And I enjoyed playing the rouge one better then the sorcerer. Although, I did play Ice sorcerer exclusively, so maybe fire or electric might be more fun ? In any case, as I said earlier, it wont be a instant buy for me, most likely try out III first and sometime later, a year or three, get this one. :p

I did a rouge to 20 yesterday, but I'm still not sure about the game. It's fun, but doesn't seem any more fun than D3, and once used to the environments it began to feel a little samey. Don't get me wrong, it's *better* than D3, but just not any more fun. D3 improved substantially with time though, so I expect D4 to do likewise.

Plus it was a total crash-fest, but that's just beta and probably configuration specific, no qualms about stability of final game eventually.

Last edited:
Only played for a couple of hrs but quite liked it, never played any game in the series and not many games like this before, didnt have any crashes, played as barbarian i think it was or warrior, had twin axes, defeated first boss and got just past the part where the monk burns the church down.

Will probably pick this up in a sale, one question...is this online coop? as i couldnt find a way of playing with others in the beta and was on my own

cheers

I usually hate top down ARPGs but this is really really good. Enjoyed my time so far, good story and voice acting, great graphics. £90 Ultimate / £60 standard edition is way too much though

I got a Sorceress to 25 last weekend and a necro to 25 this weekend.

To be honest, the book of the dead necro was boring. I had so many pets I could just stand in place and let them deal with the mobs and bosses on their own. Although maybe its a class worth reserving until Tier3 or Tier4 is unlocked then giving it a try there.

No stability problems at all on my PC and only a couple of crashes on the SteamDeck at the start of this weekend until I lowered the textures down a bit (most likely it was overheating).

As far as betas go, I think Blizzard have done a pretty damn good job :)

Back
Top Bottom