** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
If I didnt know I would have assumed I was looking at POE2.
Visually the games will look similar.
High end textures and environments isn't cartoon based like previous blizzard games
It comes down to gameplay really, the progression and the difficulty scaling.

Associate
Has anything been mentioned about micro-transactions, after all the backlash around Immortals I’m a little worried about the route Blizzard are going to take with D4?

Associate
Has anything been mentioned about micro-transactions, after all the backlash around Immortals I’m a little worried about the route Blizzard are going to take with D4?

There be a live service, MTX skins.
Yea blizzard going all cash to play to ensure they get more.
as long its just affect the visual portion and not gameplay I be ok with that.
The way path of exile does it

Soldato
There be a live service, MTX skins.
Yea blizzard going all cash to play to ensure they get more.
as long its just affect the visual portion and not gameplay I be ok with that.
The way path of exile does it
POE is one of the worst imo. £60 for one skin and everything non-mtx looks horrible. Add to that gambling lootboxes.

You might be OK with it but lets not normalize disgusting business practices.

Soldato
POE is one of the worst imo. £60 for one skin and everything non-mtx looks horrible. Add to that gambling lootboxes.

Disgusting business practices? wtf :confused: Completely disagree with you there good Sir.

POEs free to play model is the best there is.

Soldato
OP
Disgusting business practices? wtf :confused: Completely disagree with you there good Sir.

POEs free to play model is the best there is.

Yeah it a great model. Other than some premium stash tabs that I'd say are essential and would knock you back about £15 for 5, there's nothing else on there that's required. It's either quality-of-life stuff like currency/map/fragment tabs or character/skill skins. They even give away a bunch of MTX skins every 3 months as you complete league objectives. I hope Blizzard do a similar model for Diablo 4 and not the absolutely trash and predator cash MTX model that is in Diablo Immortal.

Soldato

If you think PoE's monetisation is disgusting, what on earth do you call Diablo Immortal (and I bet D4 is equally as bad)

MTX is superficial nonsense, you can play the game perfectly fine and have great fun doing all content without spending a penny (although it would be wise to spend £20 on a stash tab budle for QoL)

£20 for a game that will provide you with thousands of hours of gameplay, with quarterly updates and an expansion all for free is pretty damn good value.

Or you can go spend £10,000 on Diablo Immortal and not get a single 5/5 legendary gem.

Soldato
If you think PoE's monetisation is disgusting, what on earth do you call Diablo Immortal (and I bet D4 is equally as bad)

MTX is superficial nonsense, you can play the game perfectly fine and have great fun doing all content without spending a penny (although it would be wise to spend £20 on a stash tab budle for QoL)

£20 for a game that will provide you with thousands of hours of gameplay, with quarterly updates and an expansion all for free is pretty damn good value.

Or you can go spend £10,000 on Diablo Immortal and not get a single 5/5 legendary gem.
I would never go anywhere near Diablo Immortal since it's mobile phone ported trash.

As far as normal desktop games go POE is easily one of the worst. The game is a pain to play without the tabs and they keep adding new kinds every season. Add to that £60 for one skin, gambling lootboxes and one of the most expensive and underwhelming battle-passes in the industry.

MTX is far from superficial. Whats the point of an ARPG if you don't see your character transform from a guy with a club to a badass looking demigod?

Soldato
Diablo 4 looking good, lets hope there is no pay to win, having to spend thousands of dollars to get top gems for gear in Immortal sucks.

Hopefully it's not free to play but Blizzard obviously likes the model, they just announced that Overwatch 2 will be free to play with micro transactions and loot boxes

Soldato
I would never go anywhere near Diablo Immortal since it's mobile phone ported trash.

As far as normal desktop games go POE is easily one of the worst. The game is a pain to play without the tabs and they keep adding new kinds every season. Add to that £60 for one skin, gambling lootboxes and one of the most expensive and underwhelming battle-passes in the industry.

MTX is far from superficial. Whats the point of an ARPG if you don't see your character transform from a guy with a club to a badass looking demigod?

Your character becomes a badass demigod by the numbers, not by looking like a glorified clown. You just don't like PoE fair enough, but its certainly not one of the worst. It's been the best arpg for the past decade, D2 resurrected is good, but its old and despite the fancy frock its still an old game.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's some copium. D4 isn't going to be as bad as DI with it's MTX.

Rod Ferguson on D4

He could be talking ***** it's also quite ambiguous but we'll find out in time.

Yeah, it's worded very carefully to not say that there's not pay-to-win elements, i.e., "anchored around" optional cosmetics. Adam Fletcher has done the same in his tweet by saying it's "built around" optional cosmetic items. Neither has unequivocally said "it's purely optional items" or something more concrete to that affect.

I wish they'd just flat out say there's no pay-to-win at all, but they either a) are still debating it, b) it's got pay-to-win in it and they don't want to specifically say it due to the backlash they saw in Diablo Immortal, or c) they haven't fully worked out the model yet. Personally, I'm expecting some pay-to-win in there.

Soldato
That's some copium. D4 isn't going to be as bad as DI with it's MTX.

Rod Ferguson on D4

He could be talking ***** it's also quite ambiguous but we'll find out in time.

Fair enough I hope I am wrong, that would be the better thing, if your wrong though, well then we are boned.

Didn't Cheng also say you wouldn't be able to get gear in DI only for the entire system to be about buying gear basically.

Soldato
OP
Didn't Cheng also say you wouldn't be able to get gear in DI only for the entire system to be about buying gear basically.

Sort of. He said you can't directly buy gear, and technically he's right - but what he wrote was meticulous. He didn't elaborate too much and left just enough of an implication for people to draw a conclusion that there's no pay-to-win. Instead, even though can't buy gear as he said, you buy items which boost the chances to get gear as the base chance to get said items as a free-to-play player is exceptionally low. It's why I'm taking Rod Fergusson's and Adam Fletcher's tweets with a massive grain of salt as, again, their tweets are also specifically worded in a way to leave an implication of the fact but also enough where it's open to interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom