** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
I played necro in the beta and got towards the end of the available story and encountered some boss who would 1 shot all my skellies. Attempted that a few times, same result. Then decided necro just wasn't good in that state.
Yes, in the beta they would die very easily against some bosses. So I dread to think how they'll fare now. Blizzard has buffed the bonuses for sacrificing minions and running without. A non-minion build is going to be very strong now - it already was.

Associate
I played necro in the beta and got towards the end of the available story and encountered some boss who would 1 shot all my skellies. Attempted that a few times, same result. Then decided necro just wasn't good in that state.

I wonder if it was the end boss? I had exactly the same issue. I solved it by putting a single skill point into the skill that gives a chance to create a corpse on a hit. After that, I had no problem keeping a full set of minions.

Soldato
I'm surprised they took out the ability to reset a dungeon and put it under "Quality of life" improvements. If anything it's the opposite, so instead of being able to reset a dungeon yourself and re-run it you'll have to travel to another dungeon, and wait for them all to naturally reset.

There was one dungeon (forgot the name) which Kripparrian and others were entering that had a good number of elite packs, pulling them all together killing them and resetting over and over for efficency. It wasn't fun gameplay and I don't think this was what Blizzard intended with the reset ability.

Soldato
it was handy for alts though, going through the normal process to level got pretty tedious by the last char. If they nerf all these alternative levelling techniques it'll make alts really painful, especially if they recommed this instead of being able to cheaply respec one of your chars

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There was one dungeon (forgot the name) which Kripparrian and others were entering that had a good number of elite packs, pulling them all together killing them and resetting over and over for efficency. It wasn't fun gameplay and I don't think this was what Blizzard intended with the reset ability.

Ah, that makes sense if people were doing that. Surprised they didn't just make a cap on how many instances you can create in the space of a few minutes, as the reset feature would have been handy (when used properly).

Soldato
OP
Joe said in the stream also that the client we'll test in that beta event upcoming (May 12th to 14th) will be very close to the release client. I wonder how different it'll be from what we already beta tested, but I'm guessing not much other than the changes they mentioned they are introducing.

Man of Honour
It being called the Server Slam weekend leads me to believe that this is going to be much more of a server stress test, so I'm expecting more queues and connection issues than before for this new weekend

Associate
It being called the Server Slam weekend leads me to believe that this is going to be much more of a server stress test, so I'm expecting more queues and connection issues than before for this new weekend
Most probably. But I'm hoping, like with the previous betas, that most of the issues are ironed out after the first day.

I plan to use this last beta to decide which character class to begin with at launch - at the moment it's a toss up between Sorceror and Rogue. Also, I'll probably give Barbarian a quick go again to see if it plays better following the balancing changes.

Associate
Tried out the beta for a couple of hours but didn't really gel with the characters, may have been just not enough time to get to cooler abilities

Liked Monk and Crusader in Diablo 3, any ideas on what class to focus on in the next open beta.

Last edited:
Associate
Tried out the beta for a couple of hours but didn't really gel with the characters, may have been just not enough time to get to cooler abilities

Liked Monk and Crusader in Diablo 3, any ideas on what class to focus on in the next open beta.
Nothing's really comparable to the Crusdaer .... yet. I'm confident a Paladin, or similar, will be introduced with a later expansion. Perhaps even at the beginning of the first season.

If you were attracted to playing the Monk class because of the mix of melee & mobility, the Rogue is the closest thing you'll find in D4 at the moment. The Rogue class has options for either a melee or ranged build. Personally I think the melee build is more potent.

Last edited:
Associate
Nothing's really comparable to the Crusdaer .... yet. I'm confident a Paladin, or similar, will be introduced with a later expansion. Perhaps even at the beginning of the first season.

If you were attracted to playing the Monk class because of the mix of melee & mobility, the Rogue is the closest thing you'll find in D4 at the moment. The Rogue class has options for either a melee or ranged build. Personally I think the melee build is more potent.
Yeah I liked the dashing round the map, and I confess to be terrible so I often used to miss click with range classes so move instead of shoot.

Back
Top Bottom