** Diablo 4 Thread **

Man of Honour
Went back with my 20 rogue and totally annihilated the dungeon boss. In all fairness though my barb is now 17 and with most of the tools unlocked its far far better.

Barb is by far the weakest class but has a higher ceiling for potential over the rest.
Yeah Barb should come to the fore later in the game as it can have more legendaries than the other classes

Associate
How does it work, can you join randos or do you have to try and solo if you're a Billy no mates? (Diablo noob here). It's back up at 8 and 11 isn't it?
Yeah you fight it with randoms, up to 12 people I think, there's no need to group up. Just go to the Crucible area on the far right of the map at 8 and every 3 hours I believe

Associate
Downed Ashava on first attempt with 8 others ( one being a lvl 9 hanger on ) ... with about 20 secs to spare. But still not feeling this Server Slam beta ; the fun factor has evaporated with the latest patch changes. There isn't one build I've really enjoyed playing this time round, which is in stark contrast to the open beta where the Sorc, Necro and Rogue were all fun to play.

Associate
Only played a tiny bit so far this time although I put a good chunk of time into the others. What did they do to the Conduite shrine? I used one at a low ish character level and it was crap.

I'm assuming if I killed Ashava last time I don't need to do it all over again?

Don
Downed Ashava on first attempt with 8 others ( one being a lvl 9 hanger on ) ... with about 20 secs to spare. But still not feeling this Server Slam beta ; the fun factor has evaporated with the latest patch changes. There isn't one build I've really enjoyed playing this time round, which is in stark contrast to the open beta where the Sorc, Necro and Rogue were all fun to play.
I've got the same feeling. At lower levels the Sorc was fun but at lvl20 it was just a grind and dodge to stay alive. They've nerfed it too hard IMO. The hydra's barely do anything any more.

It doesn't help that over the whole weekend I haven't had a single legendary drop yet.

After the last two beta weekends I was excited for this. Now, not so much. I certainly won't be buying it on release for £60

Soldato
I thought I might have been a bit harsh on this when I tried the last weekend release, but as soon as I started it up and got to the first town proper this time round, I gave up. There's something so dry about it, it's missing something. The skill trees, the mechanics of it, it's just meh.
Can't please everyone I guess!

Last edited:
Associate
I've got the same feeling. At lower levels the Sorc was fun but at lvl20 it was just a grind and dodge to stay alive. They've nerfed it too hard IMO. The hydra's barely do anything any more.

It doesn't help that over the whole weekend I haven't had a single legendary drop yet.

After the last two beta weekends I was excited for this. Now, not so much. I certainly won't be buying it on release for £60
Same, in fact, I've cancelled my pre-order. Which is quite remarkable given how much I enjoyed the previous two betas. I'll keep an eye on the game's development post-launch, but I have significant doubts Blizzard will turn things around.

Associate
I thought I might have been a bit harsh on this when I tried the last weekend release, but as soon as I started it up and got to the first town proper this time round, I gave up. There's something so dry about it, it's missing something. The skill trees, the mechanics of it, it's just meh.
Can't please everyone I guess!
Totally agree, and it seems there are many people on social media, and on the official Diablo forum, who feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard lose a lot of pre-orders following this server-slam beta.

Soldato
I have enjoyed it less this time around, but that might be because I'm playing on WT2 with the Barbarian, it really feels like a grind. That and failing twice at Ashava. I might drop down to Tier 1 to get the trophy thing, then start a new character, one I played on previous weekends to see if it feels as good as before.

I'll still keep my pre-order, but I'll agree that not all the changes I've noticed feel like improvements.

Back
Top Bottom