** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
Tried the server slam for a little bit yesterday, was surprised to see how much VRAM usage this was taking up, first game to crack over 20GB on my 3090 :eek:
Same, but for a different reason: It used 8GB/8GB on my GTX 1080. That was using the default settings, which was High Preset. I turned it down to Medium Preset which used 5GB. Imagine defaulting to a setting that makes 8GB not enough after recent drama. :rolleyes:

I also noticed my GPU utilization was at 1% the whole time, with CPU at about 50% (i7 6700K) spread evenly over 8 logical cores. That feels like too low GPU utilization to be real, but I've never known Task Manager to lie about it.

Soldato
If anything at the start it will be the perfect place to farm, if your a god gamer and not a dog tamer that is :)

The "pro" gamer strat is to play world tier 1, blast through the campaign as fast as possible, switch to wt2, do the capstone dungeon to unlock wt3, then head straight to the pvp zone and farm gear. Chances are other like minded blasters will be there for the same reasons and not bother engaging in pvp.

It's my intention to skip the cutscenes through the whole game on the first play through, get to wt3 and do some grinding, then on my 2nd char, instead of adventure mode go through the campaign and actually watch everything.

Caporegime
I believe Vram is largely dynamic in terms of usage although there will obviously be a maximum limit (unless there's a leak...) and a few possible minimums depending on settings but I would imagine some sort of selective culling will happen to mitigate the need to access RAM/Storage.

Soldato
Crazy how people are trying to extrapolate gameplay/drops etc from 20 levels of gameplay. How crap were D3 drops during levels 1-20? And how much of the actual gaming experience was taken up by levels 1-20?
But the drops on the first beta were so much higher and the casual player base with 30 mins per week enjoyed it more. Got to consider those with 7 kids, 3 jobs, wife, mistress, dog, cat, sick mother/father, weather conditions, the moons lunar cycle, zombie invasion, global pandemic …

It’s not all about you damnit!
Crazy how people are trying to say the game will be balanced from lvl 20+ when Blizzard can't even cope with basic skill trees, and have a long history of failing to achieve balance in their other games eg. D3

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, just playing devil's advocate.
You’re not being rude, you’ve been posting non stop about how much you dislike the recent server slam buddy. We hear you.
If anything at the start it will be the perfect place to farm, if your a god gamer and not a dog tamer that is :)
A man of culture!

Soldato
I would have liked the Paladin from the start, if they had to swap one out in order to have the Pally in then I'd happily drop the yucky pet class like Necro. Cant stand masses of pets running about all over my screen (PLEASE someone create an arpg where only the pet owner can see their pets), having said that... all the previous Diablo games have had a class added in their expansions so I guess a class being added in an expansion is a normal for the series.
hmmm sounds like you have nightmares about packs of frenzied ostards, white wyrms, and drakes consuming those prescious 800x600 pixels :D

Associate
Did someone managed to try the betas on a 7900 XT(X)? this game is basically why I am upgrading my system and I wonder how the game plays on this cards.

Associate
Looking to play at 4k@120, I wonder if the 7900XTX would get there.
You should be able to pin it at 120fps at 4k mate with a mix of Hight and Ultra settings, with some dips here and there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IajrpY_-ts

We don't know how old the beta builds were as well, plus factor in a new GPU driver and you should be having a blast.

Last edited:
Associate
You should be able to pin it at 120fps at 4k mate with a mix of Hight and Ultra settings, with some dips here and there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IajrpY_-ts

We don't know how old the beta builds were as well, plus factor in a new GPU driver and you should be having a blast.
The latest beta run much better, so yes I think we could expect an improve in performance on release :)

Thank you again!

Associate
I was getting 100+ fps at 1440p ultrawide on a 5700XT so a 7900XT should easily manage 60fps, maybe even 120fps at 4k.
I was at around 90 fps with my 5700XT at mostly high settings at 1440p but with a few drops to 50-60, could be driver related or game related though.

I am really excited about this game (it's been many years since I was excited about a game) so I thought I'd treat myself to a 7900XT, a 5800X3D and 32GB of RAM :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom