** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
Don't have a gaming PC anymore so I'll be on the PS5. It played really well when I tested it on the Server Slam weekend. £55.99 for the standard disc edition from Currys, was the best price I could find.
As I'm still a bit suspicious about the balancing/future of this game I cancelled my pre-order but have traded in MS reward points to grab a digital copy for my Series X. So, if the game doesn't get the support it deserves, or turned into a MTX hell, I won't have any regrets as I spent zero. During the open beta & server slam I played on both PC and console ( PS5 and Series X ) and it ran very well on all platforms.

Associate
That blog post is going to make or break whether I buy on launch with their feedback on the server slam weekend
I'm expecting them to nerf twisting blades rogue before launch. There's bound to be some re-balancing / day 1 patch. If that happens I'm going to roll with a lightning sorc build.

Associate
I was all set on going Rogue for launch as I played Demon Hunter religiously in D3, but I had good fun with a WW Barb in the server slam so I'm going to roll with that and see how I get on. Will be in a duo with a Sorc for the story so a decent balance I think.

Soldato
I haven't played any of it or followed anything other than this thread so going in completely blind and have no idea what I'm going to play as. Going to skip the Friday and hope that things have settled down on the Saturday.

Man of Honour
Some info has been posted about the launch date.

12 AM BST on 02/06 so yeah looks like midnight on that day.
Which is good, thats the whole of Friday to play, as well as Saturday, Sunday and Monday before the servers explode on Tuesday when all the unwashed masses get the game and try to log in at the same time :)

Soldato
Which is good, thats the whole of Friday to play, as well as Saturday, Sunday and Monday before the servers explode on Tuesday when all the unwashed masses get the game and try to log in at the same time :)

Yep my thinking as well haha.

Servers may still implode a bit however, quite a few people will probably have pre-ordered, though it does limit the scope a bit.

Soldato
As tempting as it is to sit there at midnight for the launch, I may not play for long even if I can get in, I'd probably be better off getting an early night and playing in the morning when US is asleep!

Soldato
I would be up for an OCUK clan :)

I'll not be playing at midnight but when I get up on the 2/6/23, from the last server slam I had no issues getting on when I wanted to play so hoping the 2nd will be the same

Associate
The server slam did seem to go well, but previous launches have always had queues at the very beginning and I'm sure D4 will be same its a massively popular title and there is a lot of hyper surrounding it. My hope is that the queues are at least at a manageable level.

But I'm working Friday so won't get to enjoy it until later in the evening....hopefully any server issues have been cleared at that point :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The server slam did seem to go well, but previous launches have always had queues at the very beginning and I'm sure D4 will be same its a massively popular title and there is a lot of hyper surrounding it. My hope is that the queues are at least at a manageable level.

But I'm working Friday so won't get to enjoy it until later in the evening....hopefully any server issues have been cleared at that point :)
onmly way they could test it properly is is a free to play server slam. not a payed version. Then that be a real test

Back
Top Bottom