Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Caporegime
I work for one of Sweden's versions of a county council.
They had a national newspaper article on which council was giving the best gifts this year early in december.
My employer was predictably the only one to be giving "nothing"
After a bit of WTF and embarrassment on local tv and radio their press officer issued an apology...
"oh it was all a big mistake and misunderstanding" Cheap C words....
I ended up getting about £150 quids worth of vouchers for big retailers, Amazon etc.
Better than nothing :p

Soldato
We got a letter saying that christmas is no longer a guaranteed day off due to “diversity and to be more inclusive” and we will have to book it off next year and it will need to be approved.

***** pee take if you ask me.

Soldato
I presume most of those who do give out gifts only do because it's tax deductible.
Unless you're a shareholder yourself, why would you want to help your profit-grabbing company avoid even more taxes?

Soldato
Started there a few weeks ago, I got a card which was a nice surprise..

just remembered seeing a list of people with gift or Prosecco next to their name though

poor me

Last edited:
Associate
Mass email to all employees with an electronic christmas card inside. No expense spared this year.
Not that anyone expected anything more than this TBF.

Soldato
I'm sure that the "great resignation" is one of the reasons why companies are trying to make some gesture of appreciation.

The two departments that I worked for as part of a previous employer gave out some food-based gifts (box of brownies, small food hamper, etc) in previous years. I changed job this year and my current employer doesn't give us anything but December 23 and 24 as paid company holidays.

Man of Honour
Our usual £250 Christmas bonus + £150 in Lieu of us not having a christmas party along with £50 to spend on Amazon on food/drink of your choice

They look after us pretty pretty well

Associate
21% performance related bonus, £750 Christmas bonus and a 9% payrise. Christmas party cancelled though so we’re promised a massive shindig next spring so not too bad.

Soldato
£30 one for all voucher.
A Domino's pizza for lunch the other day.
And also a £500 bonus for being adaptable and picking up multi faceted roles during COVID after they cut 65% of the workforce.

Back
Top Bottom