Did work get you a Xmas gift?

Soldato
Airpods wtf!

We got an email to say that they haven't sent out any gifts this year but have instead donated to local charities, which I'm quite happy with. I did get a nice gift including some fancy champagne from a guy I'd mentored who was leaving - that was nice. I normally get something from our supplier too, but haven't seen that yet.

Otherwise, we had a decent Christmas party, and I negotiated away my bonus for a fixed raise. Then they announced there were no bonuses this year, so I won that one.

Soldato
£20 amazon voucher.... and a 4.5% pay rise for next year.

Shame my pay has been frozen for 3 years so effectively a 1.5% increase.

Dont think they dare give us anything better or the public will kick off

Associate
Last year from work I got to pick my own gifts with a smallish budget and a specific website which as far as I could tell sold stuff for 5x what it is actually worth.

This year absolutely nothing.

Year before those two I worked indirectly for a charity and had a hell of a black tie christmas do... that's where the parties are at evidently :D

Soldato
This is the first time i've had anything and my first year with this company, which was a ~£100 hamper. I think it was in the absence of a proper Christmas Do. At my last place we got a Christmas night out including hotel paid for, however nothing to replace it last year when nothing went ahead.

What's amusing is that the kids both got ~£250 from their employers!

Soldato
The whole workforce top to bottom, including temps and fixed term contract employees, got £200 bonus. First time I've ever had a Xmas bonus. Our Xmas party was cancelled over Covid concerns, though.

Some previous employers gave out hampers, which were nice. Another gave out all the gifts clients had sent in to the business (a small accountants): employees would take it in turns to pick what they wanted, until the gifts ran out. There was some good stuff in there.

Man of Honour
I can’t even remember the last time that I worked for a company, I was self employed for most of my working life.
When I drove a London taxi I subscribed to a computerised radio circuit which gave you an end of year bonus of .5% of all the account work you’d covered over the year.
When a trip offer appeared on the mobile data terminal you had the option of accepting it or declining it, as I was always keen on earning a pound note I rarely declined a trip, ergo my end of year bonus was not enough to retire on, but it was always reasonable.

Soldato
Yes got a bottle of Balvenie DoubleWood, plus a present each for my two children. Most likely be a bonus in this month's pay as well.

Associate
I didn't expect anything but I was kindly gifted 4 bottles of wine, a few boxes of chocolates and an outfit for my newborn. Very lucky!

Soldato
An extra days leave (half day 24th and half day 31st) but I'd already booked them off so just added an extra day this side of christmas.

A hat, scarf, glowstick and some stickers.

I did also get an xbox series X in a raffle

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I don't think I've ever had a Christmas bonus, gift or pay rise. Had some great expensive Christmas dos with one company though.

I rarely use all my annual leave so taken Friday and next week off.

Back
Top Bottom