Different Hanns.G 28" model now stocked?

Associate
i would give it a day or 2 before saying is exellent :D

You jinx you :eek:
What is with this crap. it is now worse then my old one. :(
The back light that is is light blue with hint of white kind of up the top and bottom. well mine has got some kind white left and right coming out quite far.
and u can notice it even with the blue back ground on this page :(
part from that, it's pretty cool. but that white thing is crazy.
Gonna send it back, can't deal with that now it's worse then my old one.

Guess you pay for what u get.
**** happens i guess.

Associate
after 1 day of use theres backlight bleeding as started and theres a slight light brown patch, looks like a a burn patch as appeared :mad: , it can only be seen on black pictures really.. even the first monitor did this after 2 days of use..

it seens that when having the monitor on for along time it starts the backlight bleeding.

i'll just wait and see if it gets worse, if it does i'll rma it to hannspree

Yeah mines like a kind of burn patch too.. its gutting really. :( apart from that, it's a nice screen. but watching movies isn't great with this back like crap.
not sure what i can get thats as good as this for movies and games.

Soldato
i have a question.

if i rma the monitor to hannspree and get replacement, and if the replacement from hannspree still faulty could i send it back to ocuk to get my money back or even get a totally different monitor?

Associate
Well this is my second one now. and it's a lot worse.
Not so much the bleed from top to bottom. but some kind of white ghost thing left and right.
54cdi8.jpg

Associate
I purchased this monitor last week.

Although i do like its size and look and it is great for gaming the back light bleed is quite poor have most have pointed out on this thread, but not bad enough to rma imho.
However i am happy with this monitor and as far as i can tell the nasty back light bleed is the only downside :(

Soldato
Oh my just attempted to watch some hd trailers using quicktime and the dark scenes during this really show the back light bleed, is it supposed to be this bad?
its the fault with these monitors, hannspree said it shouldn't be like this...

what gets me is the top and bottom of the screen looks weird on some very dark colours, its like a negative shadow...

Last edited:
Associate
its the fault with these monitors, hannspree said it shouldn't be like this...

what gets me is the top and bottom of the screen looks weird on some very dark colours, its like a negative shadow...

So i should rma the monitor to hannspree directly? What do overclockers RMA department think about this issue?

What i'm saying is that the monitor is great for gaming and regular net browsing and work related tasks but when it comes to movies and movie clips which have dark scenes it just looks terrible with this backlight bleeding. I'd take a guess and imagine that on say for instance arma2 when you play a night mission the back light bleed would ruin the experience which just shouldnt happen.

Soldato
So i should rma the monitor to hannspree directly? What do overclockers RMA department think about this issue?
if u rma it to ocuk u won't get a replacement for awhile because they out of stock.

if u rma it to hannspree they'll replace it but if its the same or worse u will only be able to rma back to hannspree. ocuk won't accept it back.

Associate
Have they taken these off overclockers ? then http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=17&catid=1120

Don't blame them if they have. there nice monitors, but that back light get worse each day. even on the sides, the white back light u get is worse.

i'm on my 3rd one now.
looks bad when watching movies that have them silly bars on the top and bottom.
Pay for crap, u get crap, sorry!!!!!!!!! if it wasn't for the bad back light, it would be a 10/10 monitor :)

Associate
Odd, it seems to have disappeared from the shop.

I still think the screen is good value for money. It's not the "mother of all screens" but if you expect a perfect 28" screen for <300 £ then you might just be mad.

The backlight, while more noticeable than on my 2407_04 is still acceptable.

Associate
Odd, it seems to have disappeared from the shop.

I still think the screen is good value for money. It's not the "mother of all screens" but if you expect a perfect 28" screen for <300 £ then you might just be mad.

The backlight, while more noticeable than on my 2407_04 is still acceptable.

Well maybe i'm mad then fella :eek: well the ones i have had have been far from expectable. you can notice it loads more at night.. anyway, sh** happens.

Back
Top Bottom