Different Hanns.G 28" model now stocked?

Soldato
they said they won't do a straight swap ,they need it back first. also they said they need to test it, but tbh its silly because i've sent them photos to show them its faulty, even they said it's faulty so why test it. also explained to them why i need a replacement quickie but they just basicly said sorry not much we can do,:mad:

i don't have another monitor, i bought this one because my old one kept turning off..

i don't mind u asking mate, i control the computer using my head and chin with a special mouse, and i have a on-screen keyboard to type..

Yeh seems a bit daft but they have to do have procedures to make it fair for everyone, if it was my business I'd want to check it myself before sending a new unit.

Just wondering if you've seen this? http://vimeo.com/6376466

It might be something that might be of use to you. :p

I keep flicking between getting one and not getting one.

Does anyone have any experience with the Iiyama E2607WS?? Was considering that one as well.

Not sure now :confused:

I'd recommend one, but be prepared to RMA it if you don't get a good one. If you do get a good one though, my initial impression is it's well worth the money!

Associate
hi everyone,
does any of you know about adjusting the hight of this HF287 monitor,
i can't find the way around in user manual or quick start guide but the product box clearly indicates that i can adjust the hight.
thanks for your help in advance.
:)

Soldato
i've just received my replacement about 30min ago.

good news, it as no backlight bleeding.

took the photo in a dark room

Last edited:
Soldato
after 1 day of use theres backlight bleeding as started and theres a slight light brown patch, looks like a a burn patch as appeared :mad: , it can only be seen on black pictures really.. even the first monitor did this after 2 days of use..

it seens that when having the monitor on for along time it starts the backlight bleeding.

i'll just wait and see if it gets worse, if it does i'll rma it to hannspree

Last edited:
Soldato
My backlight bleeding has got worse I'm sure of it, still not really noticeable but it's annoying, I'm certain it's changed for the worse...

I still think it's worth it though, just a bit dissapointing. :p

Associate
My backlight bleeding has got worse I'm sure of it, still not really noticeable but it's annoying, I'm certain it's changed for the worse...

I still think it's worth it though, just a bit dissapointing. :p

Oh dear. The Iiyama certainly looks for attractive at the moment.
I'll post a pic of my current monitor sometime tommorow or Sunday. Would you mind telling me if it any worse?

Soldato
No problem mate I'll check back tommorrow. I'm still happy with mine, but backlight bleed has never really bothered me that much. I like films and games but I'm more into watching TV and web design/other desktop stuff.

Now I have the 28", I might well get another to go with it but to someone else who was more bothered about backlight bleed, I'd probably recommend looking at the Iiyama.

For someone like me though the extra 2" would probably be more important than the reduced backlight bleed. It's purely a personal thing.

Associate
Does this new screen have adjust up or down.
Not sure if mine does or not ? it has some kind of thing sticking out, but seems very stiff to push it, dont want to break it ? or is it only on the old model ?

Cheers.

Associate
Push that, then push the monitor downwards fairly hard, it should pop the button in and you can pull it up or down.

Thanks for that :)
Had mine resplaced via overclockers. and the back light is 100% times better. it's like my old LG NOW, 1% OF BACK LIGHT :) got good patch now.
my old one was so bad. if u get good patch, then this screen is exellent!!
It's so huge.
Muel, what settings you got your monitor.

Cheers :)

Soldato
Had mine resplaced via overclockers. and the back light is 100% times better. it's like my old LG NOW, 1% OF BACK LIGHT :) got good patch now.
my old one was so bad. if u get good patch, then this screen is exellent!!
It's so huge.
i would give it a day or 2 before saying is exellent :D

Soldato
Muel, what settings you got your monitor.

Cheers :)

Brightness: 50
Contrast: 62
X-Contrast: Off
Red: 100
Green: 100
Blue: 70

Having looked at the pic I posted of my backlight, I don't think it has got any worse, it was just in that lighting, now it looks if anything better than when I took the pic, maybe because I dropped the brightness from 70 to 50.

Associate
No problem mate I'll check back tommorrow. I'm still happy with mine, but backlight bleed has never really bothered me that much. I like films and games but I'm more into watching TV and web design/other desktop stuff.

Now I have the 28", I might well get another to go with it but to someone else who was more bothered about backlight bleed, I'd probably recommend looking at the Iiyama.

For someone like me though the extra 2" would probably be more important than the reduced backlight bleed. It's purely a personal thing.

Thanks for getting back. I tried to take a picture in the dark but my camera failed and showed horrible red colours on the screen so I tried a thing similar to the top gear line:

Soldato
I'd say the bottom is similar from what I can see, but these have it at the sides worst. Can't really see in that pic though because I think the light from the white line is doing a kind of glare effect on the lens. :(

It'll be easier to tell with a totally black screen really, but I'd say it's worse than that.

Soldato
Finally got around to taking a picture of how bad mine is. This is with settings of, custom colour, brightness: 30 and contrast: 40

Even with brightness down to 0 the bleed is still visible.

cht2a.jpg

Bought one of these last week, watched a movie on it today and noticed that my backlight bleed is just like your pic. Should I get it replaced? (there's no dead pixels so I'm not sure I want to risk swapping it out and getting one with dead pixels instead)

Soldato
Bought one of these last week, watched a movie on it today and noticed that my backlight bleed is just like your pic. Should I get it replaced? (there's no dead pixels so I'm not sure I want to risk swapping it out and getting one with dead pixels instead)
my replacement has 1 dieing pixel which is green...

as anyone notice the top and bottom of the screen looks weird on some very dark colours?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom