• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DirectX 12

Soldato
OP
Off-Topic Rubbish :p

Joking aside, am really liking the look of Windows 10, but to early for me to jump as my main OS
I do have spare SSD I could install on might do that over the weekend.

Caporegime
Off-Topic Rubbish :p

Joking aside, am really liking the look of Windows 10, but to early for me to jump as my main OS
I do have spare SSD I could install on might do that over the weekend.

Yer, that is what I plan to do tonight after work. I have a spare 60GB SSD I will use for W10 and have a little play. Not expecting too much this early on but it will be good to get a feel of it.

Soldato
OP
Yer, that is what I plan to do tonight after work. I have a spare 60GB SSD I will use for W10 and have a little play. Not expecting too much this early on but it will be good to get a feel of it.

Yeah my worry is just compatibility for use as my main OS. I understand Avast don't yet work and I stand by Avast a lot.
Driver not an issue as its more Windows 8 re-skin with tweaks i would say. AMD driver 14.9 comes pre-installed.

So I think its just security stopping me, and the what if this dont work etc.

Soldato
I threw it on my old core 2 duo 1.8ghz lappy (originally vista), ,, booting is annoying as i haven't figured out a way to bypass having to login and enter a password/pin which makes it hard to judge bootup time. Seems less snappy doing simple stuff than win 7 but will need to test more

Associate
I threw it on my old core 2 duo 1.8ghz lappy (originally vista), ,, booting is annoying as i haven't figured out a way to bypass having to login and enter a password/pin which makes it hard to judge bootup time. Seems less snappy doing simple stuff than win 7 but will need to test more

From the Windows 10 thread:

type "netplwiz" into cmd prompt without the quotations.

In the thing that comes up, UNtick the require users to login with a password. Hit ok and it will prompt for username and password.

The username will already be filled, make sure to change this to your full email you use to login to windows.

Put password in. hit ok. reboot

You will now login every time without needing to put your password in and still be able to use the windows store and all those goodies.

Soldato
Microsoft’s DirectX 12 Low Level API is Launching with Windows 10 in 2015

Read more: http://wccftech.com/microsofts-directx-12-level-api-launching-windows-10-2015/#ixzz3F1VVQMYk

Direct3D 12 is the implementation of the famous API that should have come much earlier but didn’t; because of either lack of innovation or monopolistic stagnancy. It is targeted at reducing the CPU Overhead primarily while introducing new hardware level features and it is worth mentioning that Nvidia is also introducing its own DX12 (and maybe 11.3) feature which is the Voxel Based Global Illumination standard (VXGI). This is a pseudo-alternative to Ray Tracing and produces close-to-photo realistic graphics using tiny cubes to calculate global illumination or lightning. The effect is pretty remarkable but the technique is very expensive to utilize on GPUs. This is why, its basically targeted towards the high end cards such as the Maxwell GTX 980 and 970.

Back
Top Bottom