• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Trouble is, the first generation of cards that use a new Direct X, are never really powerful enough to utilise it with high frame rates....tech demos are one thing, but 'real world, in game' reality is another thing completely.

DX 9 and DX10 showed that you could have fancy new things, but the then current generation of cards struggled quite badly with them in terms of frame rates...

Always best to wait for the 1st refresh of a new generation, i think.

Permabanned
Im hoping they have similair folding performance to my 260gtx, if this is the case the 260 will be finding its way into MM sooner than I thought :)

Soldato
Both my 4890s are going back to OCUK for full refunds.
i just hope the 5870x2`s are out on the 10th.

lol...this is what I love about the computer industry...we buy things that are just out and before you know it BANG the new ones are released and we wish we had waited that little longer...I am glad I got my 4870X2 back in Feb...it means I will buy a 5870X2 next Feb as the upgrade and hopefully by then waterblocks for said new GPU will be available... :D

Associate
Never had an ati card before, but if these are the right price, and the performance is great, i might have to get a pair.

On a side note, is there a quicker way of getting into the member markets, without havnig 250 posts?, i'd like to sell my gtx 280's to fund the new cards, and i don't feel like spamming the forums.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom