• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
At the end of this month, I would have had my x1900xt for 3 years. Even though the card is still going strong, I'll bite the bullet to buy one of these DX11 cards near new, especially as I finally have a job :]

Permabanned
Are the new cards going to be based on 'new architecture' ?

Think I'll wait until the x2 version and a waterblock to go with it.

RoEy

ATi still have some scope left for beefing up their super-scalar architecture.

nVidia are in need of one though as their GPUs are becoming so big and expsensive that it's making manufacture of their cards too expensive.

Permabanned
I'll be happy waiting until 22nd september or even later, just want to see some benchmarks and or previews so we know what to expect :p

My student loan arrives on the 23rd of september, £896 and I dont need any of it, its all expendable lol!

Kinda wish I had bought an x48 mboard now dont I ?

Associate
I currently own a watercooled 8800GTX, it's got to be the best card I have ever owned! However the rest of the components in my rig are shot to pieces so I will be re-building in December. Depending on what nvidia do within the next couple of months I will most likely be getting a 5870X2 (along side a decent i7 system).

I think even ATI fanboys would agree that the 8800GTX was a stonking graphics card, and looking back on my purchase I am sure I made the right decision at the time of purchase. Do you think that if I bought a 5870X2 I would feel the same in 3 years time from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom