• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone ban kylew, because is getting very annoying.

lol the irony...keep it up though mate, your blatant trolling has been mildly amusing :D

Looking forward to seeing benchmarks and prices, may well be tempted to upgrade my trusty old 4850 before the pre-christmas games release bonanza begins.

so will we deffos get benchmarks tomorrow or what?

No one knows, I thourght this had been established.

We "expect" to get benchmarks tomorrow as it is the official release of the cards, so any reviewers that have received and benched the cards but until now couldn't show these, should.

It's silly to ask about benchmarks before or on the day of release. Reviewers will most likely not have the time to produce a decent full review, even if they did, it will not be an optimum nor fair one. Just be patient and wait ;)

I thought they got the review samples ages ago and were free to get benching, but were bound by NDA as to when they could publish it?

Normally Anandtech have reviews ready to go on day of release! :p

It will be so funny if tommorrow all we get is the specs and a few pics, with all the benchmarking and reviews and more important the prices still to come at a later date.

It will be so funny if tommorrow all we get is the specs and a few pics, with all the benchmarking and reviews and more important the prices still to come at a later date.

Tomorrow will be pics and specs, will just be a presentation/slideshow, prices should be confirmed though, and when they'll be available. :)

Last edited:

I think it might be followed by a sacking and pillaging of the ATI HQ. :D

I'll be grabbing a 5870 if they're reasonably priced. My 260 is a workhorse but it's time to move on.

Thats how i feel with my 275, but when you see the Resident Evil 5 benchie and in particular the Batman Arkham demo, and just how amazingly perfect it runs with physx and 60fps graphics at high res, it makes you wonder whats the point in upgrading when lazy developers arent churning out stuff as high quality as this every time which would make sure no one needs an upgrade.

Thats how i feel with my 275, but when you see the Resident Evil 5 benchie and in particular the Batman Arkham demo, and just how amazingly perfect it runs with physx and 60fps graphics at high res, it makes you wonder whats the point in upgrading when lazy developers arent churning out stuff as high quality as this every time which would make sure no one needs an upgrade.

The industry will ensure that it never gets to a point where "no one needs an upgrade", that's for sure

ye if they make a game (except crisis) thatrequires you get the lastest and greatest hardware then casual gamers arent rly gonna go for it, also for people who cant spend as much freely.

1600 SP and 80 TMU's it is then.

Currently AMD invites selected representatives of the press in order to present their newest generation of graphic cards, the HD 5850 and HD 5870 series, which will be released at the end of the month.

According to SemiAccurate the new graphic cards offer over 1600 stream processors. Trusted sources confirmed this feature and enabled us to have a closer look on the architecture of the cards.
Actually AMD quite simply doubled the number of SIMD units from 10 to 20. Still every SIMD unit contains 16 5D units and a Quad-TMU. Overall: 1600 stream processors and 80 TMUs.

* 40 nanometres
* 1600 SPs
* 80 TMUs
* 256 Bit GDDR5
* September 2009

Based on equal clock frequencies the new models have theoretically twice as much shader and texture performance as the present HD 4850 and HD 4870 series. Though increasing the power more than a 100 per cent will just be possible in a few cases, as the memory interface is still restricted up to 256 bits. Nevertheless AMD improved the performance quite a lot and developed a remarkable graphic card series, which outclasses his older brothers easily.

http://www.hardware-infos.com/news.php?news=3184&sprache=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom