• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Christ those 6 monitors look bloody awful, the center of the screen needs it's own monitor, isnt that really obvious?
yeah, single height is what it should be, with a centre screen for the main action and a left and right for peripheral vision.

To have the crosshair split between two screens is rather lame.

Soldato
Eyefinity is cool, but honestly i'd rather more work was put into 3D VR headsets, combined with head tracking systems like TrackIR, that's where I see the real future lying.

Associate
Bah, I was working later tonight to build up some flexi time, I thought, SHHHHHHHHHHHHURLEY, there will be something by the time I get home (by that I mean a price).

With respect to how the card looks, I like it funnily enough, looks a lot like that 285 classified from evga (imo). Am chomping at the bit for a XFX XXX edition HD 5870 :D Was going to get an X2 but no point till I upgrade the monitor (22 the now).

Permabanned
How anyone can play a game with big black bars all over the screen I have no idea, I mean you can't even see the character.
When the bezels are vertical, it's not noticable, I've messed around with HL2 across 2 screens, one screen being the main view you'd see in normal situations, then the right screen showed right peripheral vision.

It really heightened the immersion factor of the game, with the left peripheral vision, it would have be extremely good.

I couldn't cope with the main action being split over two screens with a bezel between them, that would be the definition of fail.

3 screens is the sweetspot in my opinion.

An RTS though wouldn't really matter how it's split.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom