• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
When the bezels are vertical, it's not noticable, I've messed around with HL2 across 2 screens, one screen being the main view you'd see in normal situations, then the right screen showed right peripheral vision.

It really heightened the immersion factor of the game, with the left peripheral vision, it would have be extremely good.

I couldn't cope with the main action being split over two screens with a bezel between them, that would be the definition of fail.

3 screens is the sweetspot in my opinion.

An RTS though wouldn't really matter how it's split.

You're still just better off just getting a big screen plasma or projector, increase in resolution over 1080P isn't going to be noticable anyway.

Permabanned
You're still just better off just getting a big screen plasma or projector, increase in resolution over 1080P isn't going to be noticable anyway.

Not for me, I'd prefer 3 screens at 1920x1200 than a projector.

I like the ultra-wide aspect ratio as well as the resolution.

Associate
Am suprised we havent seen a push for a more minimal bezel on monitors, I dont think frameless is really workable at the moment, it's certainly what makes me think twice about going tripple screens (oh and that little thing called money but who cares about that :p).

Permabanned
Am suprised we havent seen a push for a more minimal bezel on monitors, I dont think frameless is really workable at the moment, it's certainly what makes me think twice about going tripple screens (oh and that little thing called money but who cares about that :p).

I have been very tempted to attempt modding my 2 dell 2408s to minimize the bezel, but the loss of warranty is what puts me off.

When I've got the monies, I'll be getting a third 2408.

Permabanned
Any standard benchmarks yet?

While dual,triple ..... are great I'm sure most will be interested in the nitty gritty performance. I am anyway.
Oh yeah, I suppose it's just a case of it's been a long time coming, for me it is anyway.

Multiple monitor support has been hugely supported in such a rubbish way by Windows, ATi and nVidia, which is a big shame, only Matrox ever seemed to be interested in working it.

To me it's a case 'at long last, no excuses for taking so long'.

I've been expecting around a 2x performance jump, so it's not what I'm getting excited about.

Or 2.0x the performance just for Loadsa... :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So when can we expect reviews for these cards?

Reading between the lines it looks like 4870X2 performance on a single card with DX11 support. Which isn't a bad thing.

I'm just hoping the idle performance is up to or better than the current Nvidia cards. If they can sort that out and it's not too loud they are on to a definite winner.

Fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom