• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
how do you see who's posted how many?
By Clicking on the replies number

replies.jpg

Associate
Ok someone explain to me why you would want this instead of just one large screen for gaming?

I don't think its feasible (financially I should suspect) to create a single monitor of that size that would have the requisite resolution.

Although you could argue that it isn't feasible to afford that many smaller monitors - but I suspect it is a different order of magnitude on the "i can't afford that" scale.

Associate
Because they don't make a screen that size with that res.

Fair enough, but I don't see what's wrong with using a 60" 1080p tv or projector if you really need to play on a screen that size. Ok you lose out on a bit of resolution but playing with all those black frames would drive me nuts.

Permabanned
Fair enough, but I don't see what's wrong with using a 60" 1080p tv or projector if you really need to play on a screen that size. Ok you lose out on a bit of resolution but playing with all those black frames would drive me nuts.

He doesn't mean 'size' in terms of how large the screen is, he means in terms of image format.

3 widescreen monitors working as one makes for a very wide display, which to me is more pleasing than a 16:9 TV/monitor.

You see a lot more peripheral image, ie, extreme rights and lefts, more like what people actually see.

When you think about it, the view you see in games is rather narrow and completely unlike how we see as humans.

Soldato

It depends entirely on the game. 6 monitors will be great for flight simulators. 3 would suit racing games and FPS too for immersion in the games. The resolution support of the Matrox TH2G has put me off it twice now (once for the analogue and again for the digital version with slightly higher support). This will be ideal for me if I can persuade myself to part with the cash that is!

Soldato
Today was just about talking about Eyefinity. We won't be hearing much about the actual graphics cards till later this month:

Anandtech said:
If panel prices could drop significantly enough where putting together an Eyefinity display setup didn't cost more than the graphics card, I think it'd be a much easier sell. Obviously AMD's next-generation GPU is more than just Eyefinity, but you'll hear about the rest late this month.

Anandtech: Beginnings of the Holodeck: AMD's DX11 GPU, Eyefinity and 6 Display Outputs

Associate
You see a lot more peripheral image, ie, extreme rights and lefts, more like what people actually see.

ahh i get the point of it now, I didn't pick up on that looking at the screen shots...the image looked flat.
I guess it would be a good to use something like this for racing games.Atleast you could pretend the black bits are the like the frame of the car:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom