• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I assume they are using the DisplayPort daisy chain feature for this?
demo05.jpg

99905277.jpg

bru

bru

Soldato
on that video posted by loadsa at about 20 odd seconds in does he say "presenting the worlds fastest gpu" or is it just my hearing going south

Permabanned
on that video posted by loadsa at about 20 odd seconds in does he say "presenting the worlds fastest gpu" or is it just my hearing going south

Well of course it'll be the world's fastest GPU at the moment.

They were roughly neck and neck with the 4800s, the 5800s are 2x performance and in a single GPU, so it's the world's fastest GPU currently.

GPU and graphics card aren't the same thing if that's what you're thinking.

bru

bru

Soldato
doh @ me ...of course i suppose they could just be saying that its faster than the gtx285, as the current fastest single gpu. discounting the gtx295 as not a single gpu the same as thier own 4870x2.

Permabanned
Or better yet, modular monitors that can daisychain internally. Say you can remove some of the sides of the monitors, slot them together put in some screws and bob's your dad's creepy brother. I think DisplayPort allows daisy chaining of monitors.

I was wondering about something similar, I was thinking why it wouldn't be possible to have a single monitor connected to the graphics card, and then additional monitors connected to the primary to work as extended displays so the GPU sees the screens as one large screen.

I'm not too sure what you mean by daisy-chaining and how similar to that it would be.

Soldato
I was wondering about something similar, I was thinking why it wouldn't be possible to have a single monitor connected to the graphics card, and then additional monitors connected to the primary to work as extended displays so the GPU sees the screens as one large screen.
But then you most likely get problems from people trying to connect monitors together that support different res/refresh rates...

Permabanned
But then you most likely get problems from people trying to connect monitors together that support different res/refresh rates...

That's true, but then I'd suppose, arguable it would be a feature restricted using monitors with the same specs, if you want to use another screen that's of a different res/refresh rate you'd use the 'normal' method of connecting an additional screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom