• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Discussion On The ATI Radeon 5*** Series Before They Have Been Released Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Eye finity = gimmick?

Who is actually gonna game on 3+ monitors at once? I'm not even sure I'd want to even if I could afford it... the dead space where the monitors join would be awfully distracting. Plus you'd need a room the size of a movie theatre just to be able to have it all within your field of vision.

Next...

Caporegime
Eye finity = gimmick?

Who is actually gonna game on 3+ monitors at once? I'm not even sure I'd want to even if I could afford it... the dead space where the monitors join would be awfully distracting. Plus you'd need a room the size of a movie theatre just to be able to have it all within your field of vision.

Next...

Race sim & flight sim enthusiasts....

Soldato
Eye finity = gimmick?

Next...

Maybe, but then apparently there is a market for it. People have paid over £100 for TG2Go hardware to have 3 monitors running, so the ability to have it for 'free' with the 5800 series to those people is quite a saving, I'd imagine, especially since you can keep connecting up to 6 monitors. Sure that market isn't us, but it's there.

Soldato
Eye finity = gimmick?

Next...

Plenty of people already do and it's not just for gaming.

Associate
Eye finity = gimmick?

Next...

So right now you game on one and see nothing that is in your periphery. Add 2 more which show you EXTRA stuff, same you moving your character left and right to look, is that not better? I like it, but then I have 3 monitors, so it would be useful to me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eye finity = gimmick?

Next...

It's not something that interests me (at the moment) but I guess die hard gamers will love it

Associate
Associate
Eye finity = gimmick?

Next...

ME - I run 3 * Dell 2407's at present through a triple head to go.

Love it, playing iRacing, Armed Assualt2, GRID, FSX, DCS Black Shark, Company Of Heroes, Empire Total War

Most at 5040 * 1050 so not just racing and flight sime, it adds an excellent experience to most games. It's also great for standard desktop work. Also after about 5 mintues of using it you don't actually see the borders of the monitor anymore, the eyes just seem to blank them out.

Will see how the game support goes for the Eyinfinity and then may put the 4870X2 and TripleHead on the MM and move ove to a 5870X2 for the better resolutions, 5760 * 1200 sounds nice.

See my set up in this thread.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17405978&page=88

Taff

Associate
Eye finity = gimmick?

Next...
ME!

I am going to go back to the below setup and use the 30 inch dell i currently have sitting in the middle on its own with the 295gtx.

I have never been able to game with three screens properly and it looks like now FINALLY its going to be possible without too much hassle.

I cant wait!!!!! i7 with 2x5870s. That should maxout crysis/dIRT 2 etc @ 5760x1200/

Like many have said there is a market for this. A lot of people have multi monitor setups.

dqkxzo.jpg

Associate
ME - I run 3 * Dell 2407's at present through a triple head to go.

Love it, playing iRacing, Armed Assualt2, GRID, FSX, DCS Black Shark, Company Of Heroes, Empire Total War

Most at 5040 * 1050 so not just racing and flight sime, it adds an excellent experience to most games. It's also great for standard desktop work. Also after about 5 mintues of using it you don't actually see the borders of the monitor anymore, the eyes just seem to blank them out.

Will see how the game support goes for the Eyinfinity and then may put the 4870X2 and TripleHead on the MM and move ove to a 5870X2 for the better resolutions, 5760 * 1200 sounds nice.

See my set up in this thread.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17405978&page=88

Taff

Exactly. I never got triple screen gaming to work well, and thought the matrox thing was not very good, this looks like its gonna finally nail it.:cool:

Soldato
ME!

I am going to go back to the below setup and use the 30 inch dell i currently have sitting in the middle on its own with the 295gtx.

I have never been able to game with three screens properly and it looks like now FINALLY its going to be possible without too much hassle.

I cant wait!!!!! i7 with 2x5870s. That should maxout crysis/dIRT 2 etc @ 5760x1200/

Like many have said there is a market for this. A lot of people have multi monitor setups.

dqkxzo.jpg

how much is your elec bill lol ?

Soldato
I'm in the crowd of preferring one large screen instead of lots of small.

1 40"+ 1080P TV beats stacked up monitors imo. The borders between screens simply destroys immersion as far as I'm concerned. I would love for affordable bigger screens to increase in resolution though, and I'm sure that will happen relatively soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom