Disgusting display of Racism

Caporegime
LMAO, this thread. Jesus.

When did i ever blame you or anyone else living now? Did you even read the first four words? "If only our ancestors"

But right now we have living people doing this

In sudan, right now:

Screenshot-20210730-154411-Chrome.jpg

Stormzy to the rescue?

Caporegime
It isn't about forgiving anyone for anything. You have all completely turned what i said into something i didn't say at all. I never mentioned anything about grudges or feelings towards each other.
Yeah you're complaining dead people were mean to other dead people.

Literally human history is all humans are scum.

Nigeria still had black on black slavery into the 1900s (it had it before white people turned up too)

Caporegime
Fair point, it's just about time... still not happy about those Vikings, that might take more time still.

I like this because you think you are being amusing in taking the mickey out of a point or subject that i never even made or commented on. :D

I've said nothing about whether black people should still hold a grudge against us or hate us for what the country did in the past (i don't think they should as that serves no purpose).

Caporegime
LMAO, this thread. Jesus.

When did i ever blame you or anyone else living now? Did you even read the first four words? "If only our ancestors"
The relevance is you have taken one peice of history and said its on going because of the skin colour of who did what.

Ignoring the other 99% of events that are well ignored and not an issue.

You still use French words for anything "professional" and English words for anything common.

The force used onyour ancestors is still visible today there.

But do you care? Course not you'd be insane for saying anything modern was to blame on the French oppression of the British

Caporegime
Yeah you're complaining dead people were mean to other dead people.

NO I'M NOT

Come on surely you guys have better reading comprehension than this? I was responding to the OP which is about someone trying to open up more opportunities to black people (ie social mobility issues), which i pointed out had been stunted due to the way our ancestors had treated them in society in the past.

It is better to focus on the actual issue, rather than just think its all one big grudge match (which you seemingly think it is all about).

Caporegime
I like this because you think you are being amusing in taking the mickey out of a point or subject that i never even made or commented on. :D

I've said nothing about whether black people should still hold a grudge against us or hate us for what the country did in the past (i don't think they should as that serves no purpose).

Jono, you can't just flick a switch and make everything OK, it will take time, costal communities were ravaged by the Vikings.

Caporegime
Jono, you can't just flick a switch and make everything OK, it will take time, costal communities were ravaged by the Vikings.

I'm fine with what the Vikings did. They were clearly having a LARP.

They put horns on their head and had silly big axes and everything!

Soldato
NO I'M NOT

Come on surely you guys have better reading comprehension than this? I was responding to the OP which is about someone trying to open up more opportunities to black people (ie social mobility issues), which i pointed out had been stunted due to the way our ancestors had treated them in society in the past.

It is better to focus on the actual issue, rather than just think its all one big grudge match (which you seemingly think it is all about).

If black peoples opportunities to attend university are currently being stunted, as you suggest, why do more black Africans and Caribbeans in the UK attend university than whites based on per capita figures?..

Caporegime

That's a myth that they put horns on their head, you're perhaps too into LARPing...

If black peoples opportunities to attend university are currently being stunted, as you suggest, why do more black Africans and Caribbeans in the UK attend university than whites based on per capita figures?..

Because he's just making things up! Lets be realistic he's trying to justify something that can't reasonably be justified and has thrown in some handwaving nonsense about stuff taking time etc..

Caporegime

Is that the case for Cambridge/Oxbridge (ie the topic of this thread)?

Caporegime
Because he's just making things up! Lets be realistic he's trying to justify something that can't reasonably be justified and has thrown in some handwaving nonsense about stuff taking time etc..

I will pose it to you also then -

Is that the case for Cambridge( or Oxbridge etc) -ie the topic of this thread?

Soldato
Is that the case for Cambridge/Oxbridge (ie the topic of this thread)?

So now we're going to be disengenious now are we?

I think you know that whether or not someone is white is not the most relevant thing here.

If you looked at the people who attend Cambridge/Oxford Universities in an honest fashion you would know that it's dissproprtinally a certain class of people that attend these universities.

Discrimination in favour of non whites doubly penalises already less privellged whites.

They don't have the connections of the higher classes and get punished again by discrimination that ensures that non whites, including those who have already had a better start in life, are preffered for their skin colour alone.

Capodecina
Soldato

I'm sorry, how can you be fine with what the Vikings did? The sacking of Lindisfarne was an atrocious display of pagan barbarism.

Also the horned helmet thing is a myth.

Vikings did have axes, iirc. Certainly sticks with axe-head shaped metal on the end which would be used for swinging at people. I'm not sure if that's the same as an axe.

Caporegime
If you looked at the people who attend Cambridge/Oxford Universities in an honest fashion you would know that it's dissproprtinally a certain class of people that attend these universities.

Discrimination in favour of non whites doubly penalises already less privellged whites.

They don't have the connections of the higher classes and get punished again by discrimination that ensures that non whites, including those who have already had a better start in life, are preffered for their skin colour alone.

The sad thing about this part of the post, is that if you really read it through and thought about my initial point in this thread, you would have some sort of epiphany.

You are almost there!

Caporegime
I'm sorry, how can you be fine with what the Vikings did? The sacking of Lindisfarne was an atrocious display of pagan barbarism.

Also the horned helmet thing is a myth.

Vikings did have axes, iirc. Certainly sticks with axe-head shaped metal on the end which would be used for swinging at people. I'm not sure if that's the same as an axe.

jim.jpg

Man of Honour

You can't ask simplistic questions to complicated problems.

Why has the rate of black attendance surpassed white attendance since 2006?
Why was black attendance so low in the first place?
Why is white attendance stagnating?
Why do the rates change so much when you only look at Russell Group unis?

I don't know the answer to those questions but it would give you a better idea of what the actual problems are. If people and institutions have been working to increase black attendance then it's not unexpected to see them have the highest growth in numbers/rate. To then take this as proof that there's nothing stunting their attainment is ignoring where they've come from.

• between 2006 and 2020, Black pupils had the biggest entry rate increase out of all ethnic groups, from 21.6% to 47.5%

• White pupils had the smallest increase, from 21.8% to 32.6%
https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures...tion/entry-rates-into-higher-education/latest

Back
Top Bottom