Disgusting display of Racism

Caporegime
I don't think sport is a very good indicator, regardless.

They'll pretty much let anyone play for any country, these days. Even if you've only got a link to that country because your Grandmother was born there. You don't even need to speak the language or have lived there...

Always makes me laugh to hear the Kiwi, Ozzie, Irish etc, accents in the various England cricket (etc) teams. Sure you can pick up an accent, but the rules on who can play for what country are so lax you can pretty much make it up as you go along.

Caporegime
I did not bother with your straw man argument. He made complaints for racism within the yorkshire cricket club, which some were upheld. The club then chose to do nothing, saying racist language is just banter. He wanted action to be taken by the club, their refusal to do so has lead the current actions.

Are there worse things happening in the world? Yes. Should we ignore the fact that yorkshire cricket club thinks racism is banter? No. I find it odd that the 2 are conflated. Solving racism in the whole world might be a step to far for one man.

It's not a strawman argument.

He's standing up against racism which is great. Name calling is awful.

But in his home country people are being murdered and raped and tortured through institutional racism. Yet he says nothing about that.

You would have thought he would use his platform to raise awareness of this, with the topic being so close to his heart and his own experiences.

Soldato
I did not bother with your straw man argument. He made complaints for racism within the yorkshire cricket club, which some were upheld. The club then chose to do nothing, saying racist language is just banter. He wanted action to be taken by the club, their refusal to do so has lead the current actions.

Are there worse things happening in the world? Yes. Should we ignore the fact that yorkshire cricket club thinks racism is banter? No. I find it odd that the 2 are conflated. Solving racism in the whole world might be a step to far for one man.

Yet there he is throwing stones from his own glass House ..

Caporegime

But in his home country people are being murdered and raped and tortured through institutional racism. Yet he says nothing about that.

You would have thought he would use his platform to raise awareness of this, with the topic being so close to his heart and his own experiences.

I suppose as awkward as it is to say yorkshire cricket club is more accountable and more likley to change than Pakistan.

So one is a winnable battle the other isnt

Caporegime
I got the distinct impression that, in the middle-east, anti-Semitism is a pretty widespread thing.

I.e. Israel has history with pretty much all of their neighbours, with several of them historically expressing a desire to wipe Israel off the map.

Now I know the SJWs were very much onto Jeremy Corbyn and co for perceived anti-Semitism, and it cost him his political future.

I'm very much guessing the same does not apply to anti-Semitism from a Pakistani-born cricketer, for example, and that after his apology it will be hastily brushed under the carpet? I.e., he kind of gets a free pass for it? He'll be back playing cricket and possibly heading up some anti-discrimination initiative for Yorkshire cricket club...

Caporegime
I suppose as awkward as it is to say yorkshire cricket club is more accountable and more likley to change than Pakistan.

So one is a winnable battle the other isnt

So he should remain silent on the other battle despite it being a stain on the country like all of the other athletes and be complicit in his chosen ignorance and allow it to continue, despite knowing how horrible it is to be be called names?

Soldato
I got the distinct impression that, in the middle-east, anti-Semitism is a pretty widespread thing.

I.e. Israel has history with pretty much all of their neighbours, with several of them historically expressing a desire to wipe Israel off the map.

Now I know the SJWs were very much onto Jeremy Corbyn and co for perceived anti-Semitism, and it cost him his political future.

I'm very much guessing the same does not apply to anti-Semitism from a Pakistani-born cricketer, for example, and that after his apology it will be hastily brushed under the carpet? I.e., he kind of gets a free pass for it? He'll be back playing cricket and possibly heading up some anti-discrimination initiative for Yorkshire cricket club...

Hardly a mention in the news now, already water under the bridge, one rule for one group , one rule for another.

Associate

He is in the news because of racism he experienced and the lack of action from the authority he reported it too. He has not been trying to fight a global war, just exposing what has happened to him. Your argument is a strawman, trying to deflect what has happened to him, with a terrible incident from his country of birth.

Caporegime
He is in the news because of racism he experienced and the lack of action from the authority he reported it too. He has not been trying to fight a global war, just exposing what has happened to him. Your argument is a strawman, trying to deflect what has happened to him, with a terrible incident from his country of birth.

With masses of ongoing atrocities in his home country which he to my knowledge he has never acknowledged or pointed out or tried to halt despite he himself understanding how painful something like name calling is.

Caporegime
So he should remain silent on the other battle despite it being a stain on the country like all of the other athletes and be complicit in his chosen ignorance and allow it to continue, despite knowing how horrible it is to be be called names?

What are you doing to address the issue of uk special forces groups carrying out executions?

I expect to see you denouncing them on the 6 o'clock news

Caporegime
What are you doing to address the issue of uk special forces groups carrying out executions?

I haven't denounced anything on the 6 o clock news.

If I went on the 6 o clock news I'd definitely reference the gang rape/slavery of non Muslims here, just like it is in Pakistan.

Sure as day.

Soldato
If he became outspoken about Pakistan, like with Russia or China dissidents could you expect retribution against your wider family,
new uk legislation about children taken abroad for forced marriages - one of Pakistan issues.

I'm not sure the proposed officials bouycott on Chinese winter games/Uyghur is going far enough, yes, we continue to consume chinese goods,
will be interesting if athletes, like the knee, adopt crossed hands above head gesture - which has been used.

Caporegime

Don't know anything about that. And I'd be somewhat surprised if you knew much about the activities of the UK's special forces, either. Given that their activities are not exactly publicised.

So probably the best you'll get is some report by a dodgy source somewhere in Afghanistan?

Caporegime
Don't know anything about that. And I'd be somewhat surprised if you knew much about the activities of the UK's special forces, either. Given that their activities are not exactly publicised.

So probably the best you'll get is some report by a dodgy source somewhere in Afghanistan?
Headline BBC news....

The source being their commanding officers and the MOD

Currently undergoing high court trial in the UK

More than a dozen detainees were killed after they were taken back into buildings to help search them. British troops claimed they were forced to shoot them after they reached for hidden weapons.

The documents show that in one email, a British lieutenant colonel expressed disbelief at the official accounts.

He said it was "quite incredible" the number of prisoners who decided to grab weapons after being sent back into a building.

A fellow officer replied: "I find it depressing it has come to this. Ultimately a massive failure of leadership."

A week later, the four members of Saifullah's family were shot dead in similar circumstances by the same special forces assault team.

The documents show the killings were described as "astonishing" by a senior officer.

Another senior officer later dismissed a soldiers' description of events, saying "the layers of implausibilities" made the official account "especially surprising and logic defying".

The court heard a British officer provided a written statement to a commanding officer after a member of the special forces told him all fighting-age males were being killed regardless of the threat they posed.

The officer said: "It was also indicated that fighting-age males were being executed on target inside compounds, using a variety of methods after they had been restrained. In one case it was mentioned a pillow was put over the head of an individual being killed with a pistol."

Soldato
out of sight out of mind ? ...

re-posting, thought new cricket ceo Patel is complicit/hypocritical - he was in the dam meeting - but the press/Rafiq just wanted to attack O'Farrell
no one in the room batted an eyelid at what was said - so, they all agree, were too polite, or it's partially true. -
if the twitter brigade are going to austracize him they should do so for whole committee
https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/13fa9483-cad0-4ce8-8a8a-59b78b263480 11:13

Middlesex chair Mike O’Farrell issued an apology on Tuesday afternoon after comments he made to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) select committee were criticised by Rafiq and others.

https://www.bordercountiesadvertize...ed-despite-middlesex-chairs-apology-comments/

Back
Top Bottom