Disgusting !

Associate
Hmm just done some googling and it seem other people like yourself have posted very similar things on other forums. All asking for some sort of payment of a few hundred pounds, and all including ip addresses.

It's possibly a wide spread and very well done scam, but then I would have thought that the isps matching names and addresses to ips would realise this. (then again most isps seem incompetent.)

Either way I wouldn't worry about it, it's very very unlikely that they will take you to court even if they are a real firm.

Deleted member 64478

D

Deleted member 64478

Ignore it, say you didn't get the letter. Stupid companies I hate them all!

Soldato
Would have tried to contact them that you've never done such a thing and told them to take a hike and that you know they can't do a damned thing.
Also, you would have had a steam receipt.

Secondly, i'm not sure how it goes but if you've bought a game, lost the cd and use an illegal copy to simply replace that, or use a crack to save having to change cd's.... I don't think they could even take a bite.

Soldato
Ignore the Steam download for the moment, I doubt that has anything to do with it. Sounds to me as if they believe that the demo you downloaded was in fact a warez copy of the full game.

I assume it definitely WAS a genuine demo copy and not a knocked off version of the full game?

Soldato
OP
No i am telling you everything, im just lost for words as before today i honestly didnt know you could download full games from piracy groups, i thought the only way was to go to the ea online store or through steam.
One more thing i have onboard wifi and was wondering could someone use there comp to somehow connect to the net through mine and download stuff, as i leave my comp on for ages days even and im at my girlfriends a lot of the time so i wouldnt notice if my internet was slow.

Permabanned
No i am telling you everything, im just lost for words as before today i honestly didnt know you could download full games from piracy groups, i thought the only way was to go to the ea online store or through steam.

Come on, now you're pushing the bounds of believability!

Soldato
OP
No i honestly didnt know, there are some people left in the world that dont know everything fyi
i know how to put a comp together put stuff on it, post in forums and use google.

Soldato
Oh yeah one more thing, it says in the letter if i discuss this with anyone or post it anywhere i will also get fined, now isnt that a bit fishy ?

That is against your legal right to seek legal council. Thus would be rather useful in court.. perhaps causing a questioning of their practices.

Soldato
I smell BS. Dicehunter you seem to be playing the 'innocence card' with your last reply.

One more thing i have onboard wifi and was wondering could someone use there comp to somehow connect to the net through mine and download stuff, as i leave my comp on for ages days even and im at my girlfriends a lot of the time so i wouldnt notice if my internet was slow.

That would be a great cover up excuse. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom