Disgusting !

Come on, now you're pushing the bounds of believability!

Indeed, let's not be naive here. Anyway, stop worrying.

There is nothing in UK law stopping you scannign the letter and putting it on here. I would bet a small amount of money that within a few minutes it's be obvious to either be a scam or a law firm scare mongering.

As for the £700 for an out of court settlement, I wouldn't pay a penny of it. Even in the very unlikely circumstances that you were sued for this, the damages awarded would probably be less that this anyway, assuming it was just one illegal download. You must remember, the UK doesn't have punative damages, only compensatory.

So, my advice, post the letter here for us to have a look at, if it's not an obvious scam, see a solicitor and get them to draft a letter asking for proof of the allegations.

Burnsy

Dicehunter - can you please scan the letter or post the content of it - you can usually tell from the way its written if its a scam or not...

Like to see how they come to the figure since if you did what they advised then there no way I would entertain that figure for an out of court settlement for illegally downloading one game.

ps3ud0 :cool:

It seems unlikely you'd never even heard of games piracy, even my computer illiterate sister knows it can be done... but then again you did buy a Physx card so who knows?

This might be another bloke vying for sam83uks title :p...

A PC like that and he hasnt heard of illegal downloading of computer games - yeah right...

Please dont insult our intelligence - we arent judges who dont know what RAM is...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
As loads of people have asked where did you download the demo from?

Just because it's a demo doesn't mean there is no copyright attached to it. You can still breach copyright law with a demo.

Although it's ridiculous if they are suing for people downloading demos.

Piracy is a criminal offence, but the company is most likely to take civil action opposed to criminal.

Burnsy
I was of the understanding that piracy, in this respect, was only such if material that is subject to copyright is reproduced, without consent, for financial gain?
Meh, either way, I stand by my recommendation of doing nothing for now and see what happens.

Listen i dont have a camera or a scanner, i just posted this to get help and information not be called a liar, ive never done anything wrong in my life i always try to help people regardless of the matter, so if no one believs me i couldnt give a tiny rats ass trying to convince people.

Back
Top Bottom