Disgusting !

Caporegime
google it - damn did I use it as a verb when Im not supposed to :confused:

:p

I've seen Cease & Desist letters
But this doesnt sound like one of them - gone straight to claiming compensation and threatening court if they dont pay up rather than giving them the chance to stop...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Don
As others have pointed out the £700 is an out of court settlement.

If this went to court and he lost, he would very likely be liable for the other parties costs, substantially more than £700 I would wager.

Caporegime
Still reading that letter - thats site is really slow and timing out for me - its not the most eloquently written letter Ive seen...

Personally I wouldnt contact the Solicitors since that effectively says that you have acknowledged receipt of the letter and see if they send another before worrying. Is there anyway to find out about High Court Injunctions so we can trawl them to check for this claim - must be public record...

What is curious is even if you owned up to downloading that file could you still not agree to the out-of-court settlement? I know it would go to court, but I wouldnt pay any monies unless I knew what they were for - as far as Im concerned £700 is a figure they have just plucked out from the air...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom