Dishonored - Thread

Guessing the game MUST be about 2-3x as pretty on the PC as it's min spec is 4-5x that of an xbox360?
unless the min spec of 3GHZ dual core with 4gig ram was wrong?

Last edited:
Pretty good fun so far but my god! The graphics are awful, textures are some of the worse I have seen in a game for quite a while and this is with everything on max and the FPS are still crap anyway. Game does feel and look very consolish. But the gameplay is making up for it so far.....

It is quite a bit like bioshock, but bioshock is still far better. I certainly wouldn't say GOTY either, but I have only just got my powers now so will give it some more time.

EDIT:

As said above there, IMO bioshock has the better graphics and art style.

Bioshock wasn't that good, i got fed up with it !!!! this doesn't say much for Dishonored then, i'll keep an eye on this thread

finally, the graphics/ lighting looks quite good

Guessing the game MUST be about 2-3x as pretty on the PC as it's min spec is 4-5x that of an xbox360?
unless the min spec of 3GHZ dual core with 4gig ram was wrong?

The PS3 version to me looks better than the PC ?

The game is pretty crud. I wish I had just waited for a console rental to turn up than buy on pc...

Must buy this, but this will be the 3rd game iv'e bought in as many months and havent even played the last 2 \:

GW2 : got to level 13 and moved to WoW
Borderlands 2: STill sealed in its wrapping

haha.

Use it...

PRESS SCROLL LOCK

you'll see the difference :p

OK, I guess my eyesight is worse than I thought. I can just about detect a marginal shaprness to textures in the middle distance when toggling the mod on and off. I'm not able to detect any difference to brightness/colour vividness/lighting however.

Time for an eyetest!

There is a slight difference to colour/brightness changes but not a huge amount as the fx settings are still being tweaked, go to far and the game will be ruined.

The sharpness helps though as you'd be surprised just how blurry the game is

Yeah the FX injector thing looks much better for sharpness/colours/brightness. Makes some of the textures look better.

Will hold of on playing the game for now until they get better settings/adjustments with that mod.

Just spent the last couple of hours playing this. thought i was playing Rage, for a moment. Finding it a bit slow going. May have another go later and see if i can get into it.

To be fair, I had never heard of it until I saw a thread about it on another forum and though "ello". I agree with the the Rage comparison though, but thankfully the gameplay dynamics offer a lot more.

Shame we still have immovable objects and invisible walls mind!

You did have quite a lot of choice in bioshock, electricity, fire, telekinesis amongst the other powers and could use the powers on the environment i.e. electrocuting the water with enemies standing in it, throwing explosive canisters, setting enemies on fire and then throwing them against other enemies and they then get set on fire.

That is completely different kind of choice then I meant. By this logic you could praise Doom because you could kill people with shotgun, RPG or BFG!

Back
Top Bottom