Disney +

Permabanned
Oh I see, I thought you meant they ruined the originals somehow
No fortunately they had nothing to do with the originals. Now they will just turn it into a star wars themed spinoff of the marvel franchise and milk it for all its worth... to them, which will be a lot once they finish counting up that nostalgia money.

Caporegime
The stuff that I would want to watch I already have the rest I’m not that interested in. They have absolutely ruined star wars so it’s only the upcoming marvel films that I have any interest in.

it’s the same with Netflix etc. Every now and then they release something worth watching otherwise it’s stuff I’ve seen before or have no interest in. £50 saved is £50 saved.

Does none of the old content interest you? I see loads of the Disney cartoons I saw in my younger years and loads of the old Disney live action movies. That's their counter to the shows Netflix license from other studios, although I appreciate you have to be a certain age and have to feel nostalgic to appreciate them :)

rp2000

Permabanned
Does none of the old content interest you? I see loads of the Disney cartoons I saw in my younger years and loads of the old Disney live action movies. That's their counter to the shows Netflix license from other studios, although I appreciate you have to be a certain age and have to feel nostalgic to appreciate them :)

rp2000
No I grew out of them as I got older. I liked the new Lion King but I’ve already seen everything that I would have watched before they released the app.

I’ll just make use of the free trials for now unless they suddenly release a load of new/unseen movies. To be honest I could probably do without Netflix and Prime as well but they do at least update the lineup on a semi regular basis.

Caporegime
No I grew out of them as I got older. I liked the new Lion King but I’ve already seen everything that I would have watched before they released the app.

I’ll just make use of the free trials for now unless they suddenly release a load of new/unseen movies. To be honest I could probably do without Netflix and Prime as well but they do at least update the lineup on a semi regular basis.
Fair enough! I meant more cartoon series (Duck Tales) and older movies (Blackbeard was mentioned earlier). But yeah, if nostalgia isn't your thing then that's a non starter!. I can see myself easily skipping some Disney owned films in the cinema, knowing they are guaranteed to come to Disney+ (although covid 19 seems to be delaying a lot of big releases!). For other films released in the cinema it will be harder as they will be spread out to different streaming services, and I only Netflix and Prime like you. Netflix gets some "big" films from other studios, but you have to think that will dry up now that all the main companies who own these have their own services.

rp2000

Associate
Awful lack of content. I’ll unsubscribe after this 1st month if usage as I’ve nearly watched everything I’m interested in. Interestingly the best content has been the National Geographic stuff!

Soldato
I'm bored of it, paid for the 1 year up front.....damn
Cant watch anything in 4k HDR, as PS4 doesn't do it, Panasonic TV doesn't (yet so they say)

Permabanned
Pretty much done with it myself. Watched all the marvel movies in chronological order, few of the documentaries(as they look stunning), not fussed with much of the other stuff.

Its the same with Netflix etc, month or so and then I cancel. Though perhaps stupidly paid for the year on this one. :)

Soldato
Even the upcoming shows don't entice me to sign up for the long term. It's a shame they aren't offering more of the Fox back catalogue to subscribers. I mean, I don't expect Disney + to show Aliens, Fight Club, or Predator for example, but they could have offered a sister service for subscribers. As it is, their content is very thin.

Soldato
I signed up for the year, I'm happy enough with the content, but I have cancelled the sub in case I forget and it auto renews, can't see much new content in the near future due to covid19.

Man of Honour
I believe all 8 episodes of Mandalorian are up in the UK at last?

I love Star Wars but just don't get why this was so well received, 6 of the 8 episodes were so dull and disjointed. I finished it just because there's little else to watch at the moment, but it was a bit of a chore by the end

Back
Top Bottom