• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

“We already use AI for neural graphics, and we can generate pixels based off of few input pixels (Editor’s Note: that’s DLSS 2). We also generate frame between frames – not interpolation, but generation (Editor’s Note: that’s DLSS 3). In the future, we’ll even generate textures and objects, and the objects can be of lower quality and we can make them look better.”

My guess is that NVIDIA may evolve NTC so that it can improve the quality of textures. This appears to be the next step for DLSS. Then, in DLSS 4 or DLSS 5, they could allow it to improve – or even create – high-quality versions of low-quality objects. Imagine it as a new way to make objects look smooth and round without any rough, polygonal edges. Or at least that’s what I’m getting from Huang’s comments.

:cool:

Last edited:
Almost guaranteeing mrk won't stick with his 4090 now (assuming the feature is locked to 5000 series). I mean he is already talking about wanting a Kingpin card, so he is getting himself ready :p:cry:

What he should do is sell his 4090 to me for £999 when he upgrades. That way I win two bets in one :cry:

Would not mind driving down to his place to see his setup and see how he moves his mouse about in person. Whenever I watch his videos the way he moves the mouse about always looks unnatural :p

It will be another very sought after RTX feature if it works anywhere as well as upscaling, hdr, reflex, frame gen etc. Hopefully it won't be locked to 50xx if it is working of the same methods as what dlss does already. Will be interesting to see how it impacts vram usage as if using higher res. textures then in theory it should increase but at same time, it sounds similar to the way dlss works with rendering at a lower res to upscale to a higher res. which in returns reduces vram.

Alex is doing his first video on lossless scaling frame gen (and first frame gen comparison of officially decoupled amds frame gen):

PTxqDuH.jpg

Reactions: TNA
But you can do that at the higher res too for even better IQ ;)

Don't tell me you won't want to jump at a 5160x2160 and will stick with 3440x1440 forever. I know better ;)

Well yeah of course I will switch to 5160x2160 as it will be the only upgrade from a 34" 1440 :D And as we all know, the superior res/AR to 4k/16.9 ;)

DLDSR and DLSS in combination is such an underrated feature for those not on 4k displays.

Doing some testing in ghost of tsushima out of curiosty:

- DLSS quality at 3440x1440 with max textures looks ok but the whole game assets aren't fully loaded in because it doesn't detect a 4k+ res, vram is about 7-8gb dedicated, fps is around 100

- DLDSR 1.78x and dlss performance with max textures looks much better since textures are being loaded in fully now, vram goes to about 9GB dedicated, fps is around 80 fps

- DLDSR 1.78x and dlss performance with high textures looks much the same as the second option but vram drops to like 7gb dedicated, fps stays about 80 fps

So both option 2 and 3 provide much better IQ than native and dlss quality @ 3440x1440 even with reduced textures whilst arguably being more efficient.

I think dldsr and dlss performance mode looks better than on my 4k 55" oled too. Suppose I am technically rendering at a higher Res than 4k with dldsr though.

More tech press need to do videos on dldsr and dlss.

Performance wise, it seems to be game dependant though e.g. the last of us, DLDSR + dlss performance performs better than both native 3440x1440 and dlss quality @ 3440x1440.

Last edited:
Upsampling is definitely needed. I can't use dlss by itself at 1440p, it looks crap imo - dlss/fsr only works when the internal res is at least 4k

It depends on the game I find. I'll never use just native TAA/no aa even at 4k/dldsr as it just looks crap with either being too blurry, aliasing, noticeable ghosting, shimmering/jaggies so will always use DLSS to reduce those issues but for games where higher res. textures aren't loaded in at <4k, DLDSR is an absolute must have. It's weird how it works as horizon forbidden west, the difference isn't really there but other sony games like ghost of tsushima, difference is huge especially on character models.

Reactions: TNA
DLSS 3.7 is remarkable, I had not compared DLSS Performance (preset E) against DLAA yet, but here we go:

And in motion:

Where my natives @ :p

The main difference here is that even DLSS Perf has more detail thanks to Ray Reconstruction which is not available using DLAA or any other native AA render.

I have been saying this for a while now! :p :D Ever since dlss 2.6/2.7 or something version, dlss performance is very good and far more usable than the early 2.x days.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Smoothness to 100%. Surely that's a joke. Let's set smoothness to 0 for 100% stutter for the best image. Hard to argue with Mrk though his images for Dlss/Rt in Cyberpunk all look on point. Nvidia should get him paid.

Smoothness is the sharpness setting/filter that gets applied when using DSR/DLDSR i.e. how smooth objects edges.

The default setting of 33% is a high sharpness, with 0% being the strongest and 100% being off (although not fully off as there is still some sharpening happening). Some like sharpening and think they are getting extra detail with this but they aren't, also, over sharpening can increase how noticeable artifacts are which is one reason why FSR looks awful as it is increasing the visual artifacts like fizzling even further, same happened with dlss when nvidia enabled sharpening to be on but thankfully they removed this.

@Nexus18 in Doom Eternal even with DLSS 3.7 and Preset E, DLSS Quality seems to show more issues than native as I mentioned before. It's likely due to the age of the engine and being in Vulkan.

1: Reflections off the gun barrel for example are lower fidelity using DLSS Quality
2: There is slightly more jaggedness using DLSS Quality than native

Other than that there's very little resolving difference between native and DLSS Quality in this game

IMGsli:

DLSS Quality:
eI7fnNk.gif

Native 4K:
ym2pBtx.gif

Ignore the black level in the shadows in the top one, that was just Photoshop's export.

They maybe have patched/improved it then as dlss was noticeably better imo 2-3 years ago. Have you got to the church level yet? There is also foilage on that map which would be a good test.

Pretty much confirming what a few of us have been saying for a while now! 4k DLSS perf better than DLSS quality and native 1440p

For those still on 1440p, use DLDSR and dlss perf, it really does give you a better IQ over 1440p dlss quality/native.

EDIT:

I think this video confirms what I have also been saying about 4k over 1440p, motion clarity is noticeably better there. From 1.10 onwards, dlss 4k looks a lot cleaner/clearer than the others even though it is slightly less fps than 1440p dlss quality.

Last edited:
Exactly. And that is a bloody old game too :p

It's using TAA based methods, the new era of AA, that's why :p TAA really does require 4k now, it solved a lot of problems TAA but it also took a step back on a few areas too, thankfully most games aren't like RDR 2 AA options though, probably the worst game there is to showcase all AA methods :o

Back
Top Bottom