• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Caporegime
OP
It is a good move. They need to compete. This is a good solution in doing so. If they solve it and bring their solution to be as good as DLSS that will remove a big barrier imo.

Yup, it was all very well saying "we support all gpus and our tech works on everything" etc. but as shown by the poll here and other sites, who cares when people don't want to use it? :cry: If they do end up locking it to RDNA 4 and maybe RDNA 3, it means they have a far lesser userbase to support as well as optimise for, which in theory, means they'll be able to get the best from it.

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
OP
I said the other day that AMD has literally never provided a meaningful upgrade to FSR and HUB have just said the exact same thing.

Slightly annoying they didn't update the dll files for DLSS3 in some of those games though as soke were as old as 2.5.1 and DLSS quality control has improved a lot in later versions. It's a super easy drag and drop and something most people would easily do for the improved image quality and the comparison would be even better.

They should have mentioned this in the video as well that DLSS dll swapping is a thing whereas AMD don't support this and fsr updates require each game Dev to provide an update.

Not even a case of drag and drop, install dlss swapper and literally click game profile and swap :cry: But apparently, it's such a hardship and pc gamers don't tweak settings :cry:

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't turn of things like motion blur, CA, DOF, lens flare and so on which can and often does negatively impact the quality of upscaling tech.

AMD really don't have any choice now but to improve it, sony obv got fed up with lack of support and the quality of FSR hence why they have gone of to do their own one and even though fsr works on a variety of hardware, as shown by polls and even their own userbase, no one wants to resort to using it.

Caporegime
OP
Seeing good reports on dlss 3.7 and the preset e

Weird how in that last comparison there, vram usage is 500-1000mb less than the lower presets.

Caporegime
OP

Basically Preset E brings the temporal Stability of Preset D and the anti-ghosting from Preset C. There no reason not to use Preset E now. Set it using DLSS Tweaks.

There's a new champ ladies and gentlemen! :cool:

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

YFLNThF.png

nLHAhD3.png

DLSS as per norm looking superior to native TAA :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Even in terms of motion clarity, DLSS is the superior method, which is quite funny as people still complain about it being "blurry", it's probably less noticeable on LCD displays than oled since oleds pixel response is basically instant i.e. lcd masks the differences somewhat.

mx2SMh3.png

0kyAJPP.png

Caporegime
OP
DF weekly this week ha sa question from a viewer about "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!" :p

At the timestamp:

It really is hilarious and utterly ridiculous statements now from such people tbh especially when you have the evidence there to show where/how such tech is better than "traditional" methods. I would put such peoples claims in the same boat as the people who say the earth is flat :cry:

Caporegime
OP

Pretty much my experience too, better of not using FSR FG in this since it doesn't provide the benefits you would expect to see with higher fps. Reminds me of avatar where it does not look/feel like a higher fps. Hopefully a patch or 2 will solve the issues, for now, will stick to 75-80 fps without FG.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Avatar never really fixed the fsr 3 issues either so don't expect it to be fixed here.

It's inherently an fsr issue it seems.

Seems to be down to the Devs implementation, the mod/injected version works very well in games I've tried, it's just the official integrations which are very hit and miss, more often miss...

Caporegime
OP
As expected, use dlss for the best overall experience :)

Caporegime
OP
how do you know what version of DLSS you are getting in a game, i assume my 2070 super can only manage 2.0 at best

The dlss file is in game directory so you can view details but best and easiest way is to use https://github.com/beeradmoore/dlss-swapper

This way you can upgrade your dlss.

20xx can use the newer 3.x.x of dlss upscaling too.

Back
Top Bottom