• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Associate
Don't know why I didn't install this sooner but for those who find it such a hardship to install the new DLSS file :p Recommend DLSS swapper:
Yeah, that's quite nifty - I have all my DLSS games hardlinked to a single nvngx_dlss and nvngx_dlssg dll - then I can update them all instantly just by copying a different pair of dlls there.

@mrk yeah, the v2's aren't watermarked - not sure if there's any other differences but they're slightly newer.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Just tried out dlss 3.1.5 in cp 2077 and it is noticeably better on performance mode, pretty much the only area where there is a noticeable hit is with the ray tracing reflections but that will be soon resolved/improved with ray reconstruction :cool:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah ok, I tried it out in CP2077 and i wasn't seeing much difference, anything else I need to do lol? Was using PT + Psycho SSR + max settings but with FG off.

Associate
Ah ok, I tried it out in CP2077 and i wasn't seeing much difference, anything else I need to do lol? Was using PT + Psycho SSR + max settings but with FG off.
I'm not sure you'll see much difference with path-tracing on until Ray Reconstruction is implemented as PT creates all manner of rendering artifacts on its own. I was comparing 2.5.1 vs 3.5.0 using RT Ultra and DLSS Balanced @ 4k - anti-aliasing in particular looked a lot better to my eyes - subjective, I know.

Associate
Nah it's my bad I worded it incorrectly, after doing more reading on how it works I realised it's not adding new detail into the images

Dlss 3.5 isn't adding detail that didn't exist, it's not adding detail the game engine didn't render. When you do ray tracing, some pixel detail is lost due to the denoiser - ray tracing naturally creates images that have a super thick layer of film grain (applies to games, movies etc) and no one likes that much film grain so they run an aggressive denoiser process to remove the film grain, but a side effect is that it also removes some details. Dlss 3.5 attempts to mitigate that with this so less detail is lost, but it's not adding new detail into the game, the game is just losing less detail in the denoising process after the game engine rendered those details with Ray Tracing. So AMD should be able to do the same thing with FSR if they want to

I just needed to write that this is misleading and incorrect. 3.5 absolutely *does* try to add detail that doesn't exist.

You're correct in saying that a denoiser is needed to remove the grain that generated by RT, but the reason that RT creates grain is because modern GPUs (yes, even the 4090) don't have enough processing power to fully light a scene with rays. So it only does a fraction of the amount otherwise needed. The grain is caused by the points of lights generated, the gaps are where no rays have been calculated in order to save processing time. This is why RT without a denoiser looks sparkly or 'grainy' and then the denoiser smoothes and fills this out. They're replacing that with AI now, so the very function of it IS to fill the missing data.

Look at this article for more information about this and how Nvidia has implemented optic in 3d rendering- they're just shifting this into their GPU software now

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm not sure you'll see much difference with path-tracing on until Ray Reconstruction is implemented as PT creates all manner of rendering artifacts on its own. I was comparing 2.5.1 vs 3.5.0 using RT Ultra and DLSS Balanced @ 4k - anti-aliasing in particular looked a lot better to my eyes - subjective, I know.
Figured this would be the case!

Turned PT off and using just Psycho RT and yep, the difference wasn't noticeable to me at 1440p uwa I have to say. Still unstable RT nounces.

Soldato
Don't know why I didn't install this sooner but for those who find it such a hardship to install the new DLSS file :p Recommend DLSS swapper:

qvEzMP3.png

ON IT! Thanks

Soldato

Can't believe Alex confirmed turning on upscaling reduced rt'ing IQ- so much for better than native, eh? :o

With 3.5, it's looking like it's finally going to hit Nvidia's 'better than native' claim!

4K native with DLSS 3.5 denoiser-WOW, for the first time ever, I'm going to be joining the REAL claim of 'better than native':p

It's a game changer, very, very well done Nvidia. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
And there is people selling them onwards for half the price

Selling someone elses work in this fashion is fraud, If you come across it report it.

Luckily though going forward all the mods will have a sort of DRM on them, It is a 1 time check that connects to your Patreon account to see if you actually subbed at least once to the modder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom