• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Associate
Why is it that comments like this always come off butthurt?

I think Half Life 2 will look great and will be a great reason to replay it again. The one I really want however is Deus Ex.
That's a spicy comment I've got to swallow down, never mind butthurt it'll be a ring of fire for me! :D

In all seriousness though, I'm not entirely sure what I'm butthurt about. Dicehunter hit the nail on the head and then smashed it through the wall with their comment tbh

I don't think it's butthurt I think it comes from a place of being fed up. Most of the games we've gotten over the last few years have been half finished bug ridden messes with forgetable stories and characters riddled with micro transactions.

I'm very much looking forward to this mod though.
And not all recent games have been bad, and not all old games have been good. But TBH I feel that generally older games were better. While bugs are annoying they usually get patched out - though still irritating as **** - however forgetable stories and characters can't be saved meaning games just seem less interesting IMO. And microtransactions are the icing on the cake.

Also looking forward to it, but I know my 3060ti won't be able to play it. It'd be nice if they could release it with a non-rtx mode too because it just being updated with better textures and meshes (is that the correct word? Looking at the keyboard/computers on the shelves they're less flat) make it look good. Makes me want to replay Black Mesa.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Some interesting points.

But your picks are a bit cherry picked.

BG3 great game and worthy of its sales and its great its doing well on PC, considering the franchise is deeply rooted in PC gaming.

D4, mean its done well for 2 reasons, blizzard games do really well to the disbelief of the many here, I for one states WoW is one the biggest money making games on PC. but its also deeply rooted on PC.

Cyberpunk might be hard to gauge - it was removed quite early on the PSN store shortly after it was released and put back on after a long while, be more curious about its PS4 sales though.

Now show the sales of other games.

The treatment of PC games for majority of the times shows that Devs put less effort into it despite saying its lead platform, look at how Witcher 3 and cyberpunk were released even on PC.

If they put less effort in, then that will tell you something.

Forgot to add about BG3 and D4, I keep forgetting they have console releases at all.
Yes they have consoles releases. :)

Wow I dont realised VGChartz has PC games sales database under Microsoft Windows, it had 324 games that sold 1 million copies and over.

Number 1 is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive sold 40 million copies and number 13 World of Warcraft sold 12 million copies.

Here is PS4 games sales database.

If you looked at The Talos Principle PC had sold 960,000 copies but PS4 was really shocked badly with around just 4000 copies. Pillars of Eternity did very well on PC with 1.28 million copies but PS4 did very poorly with 160,000 copies. Interesting, Alan Wake PC was sold 1.80 million copies outsold Xbox 360 1.33 million copies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Interesting, AMD finally commented on DLSS in Starfield saying they aren't stopping Bethesda from adding it and if they, Bethesda, Want to add it they have the full support of AMD to do it.

Yea. But it is obvious they don't want it and it won't get added during launch time. What I am getting from this is, we don't have a problem if Bethesda add it some month's down the line.

I would be very surprised if it launches with DLSS. End if the day if some random dude can do it they could easily do it and have it ready for launch if they wanted.

Associate
Yea. But it is obvious they don't want it and it won't get added during launch time. What I am getting from this is, we don't have a problem if Bethesda add it some month's down the line.

I would be very surprised if it launches with DLSS. End if the day if some random dude can do it they could easily do it and have it ready for launch if they wanted.
Maybe the game isn’t an unfinished mess that requires an upscaler to get playable frame rates, otherwise they’re doing themselves a disservice by not adding the better upscaler.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Maybe the game isn’t an unfinished mess that requires an upscaler to get playable frame rates, otherwise they’re doing themselves a disservice by not adding the better upscaler.

I still think they can't do it. Basically this is a case of AMD getting a lot a bad press and being forced to say that. But there is an understanding there which Bethesda will honour and wait a period of time before adding dlss.

Besides, if AMD have not done their upmost to make sure this is the best implementation of FSR 2 ever (meaning no need for DLSS anyway) then they will only have shot themselves in the foot again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Funny how they never give a direct answer about this when asked directly a few weeks back hence why HUB and all created videos around it calling out amd too and now all of a sudden they come out with a clear statement and avatar (amd technical sponsorship) will all of a sudden have fsr and dlss, something tells me the amd PR department have been busy ;) :cry: :D

This is what happens when people call out dodgy ****, it forces companies to act, well not so much for nvidia since they have the market by the balls :p

Was for the best from amds POV as it was clear they were getting a lot of negative press over it and with the way your man kept going on about "every gamer should have a choice", "every gamer should have access to xxxxxxx" etc. kind of came across as more like reassurance on their "open source and community driven" approach as what they were doing along with their lack of support towards streamline was/is completely contradicting themselves and their mission statement.

Looks like dlss 3.5 and streamline sdk now added so hoping this means we'll get a .dll to drop into games soon!

Changes from NV developer site:

• DLSS Frame Generation: Auto Scene Change Detection - Improves Frame Generation image quality during fast scene changes
  • DLSS Ray Reconstruction: Enhances image quality by using AI to generate additional pixels for intensive ray-traced scenes. Please contact your NVIDIA account manager for early access, or sign up to be notified when its publicly available here: https://developer.nvidia.com/rtx/dlss/notify-me
  • Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements
The github has more info about "Auto Scene Change Detection", sounds like it should automatically get used if the devs provided Streamline with correct camera data, so maybe can work on older games too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Funny how they never give a direct answer about this when asked directly a few weeks back hence why HUB and all created videos around it calling out amd too and now all of a sudden they come out with a clear statement and avatar (amd technical sponsorship) will all of a sudden have fsr and dlss, something tells me the amd PR department have been busy ;) :cry: :D

This is what happens when people call out dodgy ****, it forces companies to act, well not so much for nvidia since they have the market by the balls :p

Was for the best from amds POV as it was clear they were getting a lot of negative press over it and with the way your man kept going on about "every gamer should have a choice", "every gamer should have access to xxxxxxx" etc. kind of came across as more like reassurance on their "open source and community driven" approach as what they were doing along with their lack of support towards streamline was/is completely contradicting themselves and their mission statement.

Looks like dlss 3.5 and streamline sdk now added so hoping this means we'll get a .dll to drop into games soon!

Never tried this before, how do you actually install it'? Just run the setup batch file?

Caporegime
OP
Never tried this before, how do you actually install it'? Just run the setup batch file?

For the links I have given, it's for developers to do. If you're referring to the .dll file you can drop into games to upgrade from older versions of dlss, you just have to dll from techpowerup and copy and paste into the game folder directory where the dlss .dll file is.

Soldato
For the links I have given, it's for developers to do. If you're referring to the .dll file you can drop into games to upgrade from older versions of dlss, you just have to dll from techpowerup and copy and paste into the game folder directory where the dlss .dll file is.

Thanks that makes sense :)

Soldato
Just using the dlss 3.5 .DLL offers quality improvements, even though the game doesn't officially support 3.5 yet

Last edited:
Associate
Been testing out the 3.5.0 dll and image quality is definitely improved over 2.5.1 (which was my go-to) - unfortunately the frame generation component (nvngx_dlssg.dll) displays an 'Nvidia Confidential' watermark.

Caporegime
OP
Don't know why I didn't install this sooner but for those who find it such a hardship to install the new DLSS file :p Recommend DLSS swapper:

qvEzMP3.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom