• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Because it doesn't matter if the instructions are or are not reduced (we don't know the full details).

What matters is the end result and the fact that even RTX 20 cards benefit.

So yes, it has no relevance.

Last edited:
Because it doesn't matter if the instructions are or are not reduced (we don't know the full details).

What matters is the end result and the fact that even RTX 20 cards benefit.

So yes, it has no relevance.
i would say thats inconclusive, maybe those original methods just needed some more optimization baked in, you never know if they are just selling a gimmick

The purpose of a neural network is that it’s not sequential.
thats possible in some cases where we are looking at NP hard problems, where the neural net is used to guess a solution thats close enough and classical algos could have taken much longer (for a more accurate result), but a neural net is fundamentally multipass because the layers have to be computed sequentially, the preceding layer is a mandatory input for the current layer

Ray Reconstruction is the optimisation. That's the whole point, to replace multiple manually implemented denoisers that are inefficient, costly by nature and can't be optimised due to the nature of what it (RT denoising) is.

Last edited:
i would say thats inconclusive, maybe those original methods just needed some more optimization baked in, you never know if they are just selling a gimmick

thats possible in some cases where we are looking at NP hard problems, where the neural net is used to guess a solution thats close enough and classical algos could have taken much longer (for a more accurate result), but a neural net is fundamentally multipass because the layers have to be computed sequentially, the preceding layer is a mandatory input for the current layer

Ok, I think there’s a slight disconnect in context.

Things happening in real-time are not sequential, but we try to tell a story based on the tools available. This meant that sequential computing became important.

A neural network takes away the sequence that you have in a simple loop, and tries to allow it to follow its own path. Like all true science, this can only be observed.

It can never be 100% accurate no matter how you look at it.

Alex is doing his first video on lossless scaling frame gen (and first frame gen comparison of officially decoupled amds frame gen):

PTxqDuH.jpg

Reactions: TNA
The FSR 3.1 also seems to be of the lossless varient. Dlss wins this by a land slide. I do see what's going on though Lossless and 3.1 give you some Jigsaw pices to fill in the gaps so you can get your kid in to have some fun. Will need to see it in motion though as that's what really counts.

Last edited:
Alex is doing his first video on lossless scaling frame gen (and first frame gen comparison of officially decoupled amds frame gen):

PTxqDuH.jpg

That FSR 3.1 image looks a little bit better on the sword than the DLSS version, That's quite impressive. Obviously Nvidia will have the edge in a lot of scenarios, No pun intended, Due to full on hardware acceleration but AMD's is quite impressive considering it's hardware agnostic.

Just a shame earlier games that have FSR won't get updated with 3.1 as it is a big leap in image quality over FSR2.

Last edited:
Are you looking at it right? The FSR one has more temporal image break-up, look along all of the edges of the sword, there is breakage and fizzle which is common with FSR when interrogating at a closer zoom.

From that example the DLSS FG version is arguably the cleanest/most stable output.

Are you looking at it right? The FSR one has more temporal image break-up, look along all of the edges of the sword, there is breakage and fizzle which is common with FSR when interrogating at a closer zoom.

From that example the DLSS FG version is arguably the cleanest/most stable output.
Even if AMD did in this image there is no top part to the sword either. Proper shambles but in motion would we see it no so sure. Terrible if it's visible while playing. The only acceptible frame there is DLSS. Glad i don't use any method but if i had to i want AMD DLSS hahaha.

Just look at the hands

There is a massive weird pocket of nothingness around the hands on the FSR image

In this comparison the quickest way to compare them is to look at the leafs, because the leaves are small background objects and moving, they are susceptible to temporal instability and the better solution will be able to display more leafs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom