Do supermarkets give compo when staff bump into customers?

Old, straight women. Angry gay men.

OP ain't an old woman.
I'd have thought it more weird to be doing your grocery shop but rating every woman you see out of 10.

it might suggest you have incel problems.

Does it really matter what person who bashes into you looks like as long as they are hygienic?

Last edited:
I clearly wasn't injured it was basically the same as a hard shove to the shoulder/chest

seems weird, but maybe its just a thing since order pickers started working in stores.

get bumped get a £5 discount on your next shop or so..

That’s not compensation, that’s more. PR exercise. You can obviously make a tweet about the incident and see what happens.

That’s not compensation, that’s more. PR exercise. You can obviously make a tweet about the incident and see what happens.
I don't want anything. I was just wondering if its really a thing.

Maybe technically it's classed as assault or something, you never know these days

I can imagine it turning into a lawsuit in the USA. Luckily for the most part, we are more sensible here? I would like to think so anyway.

I see shes going to walk straight into me, my only choice of action would be to start walking backwords.
I find "watch out!" slightly less embarrassing than just letting a person walk into me when I can see it's obviously happening. Not much in it, though.

I find "watch out!" slightly less embarrassing than just letting a person walk into me when I can see it's obviously happening. Not much in it, though.
well there was a plenty wide gap, and I was hoping it wasn't going to keep closing, then it got too late.

She was probably walking forward whilst looking the wrong way for a good 10 seconds, it was one of those "I'm sure shes going to look forward any second now and not walk directly into my path and into me moments"

Last edited:
well there was a plenty wide gap, and I was hoping it wasn't going to keep closing, then it got too late.

She was probably walking forward whilst looking the wrong way for a good 10 seconds, it was one of those "I'm sure shes going to look forward any second now and not walk directly into my path and into me moments"

So you stood there for ten seconds so see if she would bump into you?

That's thirsty, man. And not in a good way :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
10 seconds?!?! That’s more like you deliberately just allowed this to happen than anything else. Plenty of time to move out of the way.

Last edited:
So you stood there for ten seconds so see if she would bump into you?
No I was walking forwards slowly like a normal shopper who watches where they are walking.

Morrisons orderp ickers are built different and walk around with their heads on a swivel

10 seconds?!?! That’s more like you deliberately just allowed this to happen than anything else

DOOD are you on about? I was walking around the aisle and then continued walking forwards..... I expected her to pay attention.... before we collided... I had no where to walk I was getting pinned agains the aisle.. but yesa im a sexual predator now apparently...?

you guys are beyond belief, how am I to know shes going to not look where shes going for a full 10 seconds? who does that in a supermarket? if I wasn't there she would literally have walked straight into the end of the aisle...

customers always in the wrong, I bet when an order picker comes next to you, you walk off and say sorry for being in the way? they should be looking where they are going.

How agile do you think I am with a basket full of goods? by time I realised she wasn't going to turn around all I could do was swing my basket out of the way

Last edited:
I never called you a sexual predator or even considered that tbh, just thought you were being alpha…but now you mentioned it, were your trousers unzipped?

I never called you a sexual predator or even considered that tbh, just thought you were being alpha…but now you mentioned it, were your trousers unzipped?
do you have dreams where your walking in a supermarket and an employee brushes against you?

For the first 5 seconds shes walking in a line that gives me space to pass, then she starts zagging towards me for the next few seconds.
you know when cyclists look behind them and then they don't ride in a straight line anymore? she basically did that and then walked diagonally into me

since I was so close to the end of the aisle I assumed she was surely going to look before she would have hit the aisle, in which case she wouldn't have hit me so I didn't say anything.

Last edited:
do you have dreams where your walking in a supermarket and an employee brushes against you?

For the first 5 seconds shes walking in a line that gives me space to pass, then she starts zagging towards me for the next few seconds.
you know when cyclists look behind them and then they don't ride in a straight line anymore? she basically did that and then walked diagonally into me

since I was so close to the end of the aisle I assumed she was surely going to look before she would have hit the aisle, in which case she wouldn't have hit me so I didn't say anything.
Well now I'm glad you didn't call a "watch out"" as your descriptions of what happened have just got better and better :cry:
I do relate to the internal thought process, but when the outcome is you let someone walk into you without saying/doing anything it's so difficult to make it sound reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom