Doctor Who

Soldato
This is... er different lol.
pZU0Ty2Lwn998WsStRjVRO9sOU8r4UIOInG4RpV7mZk.jpg

& there was me thinking the interior would be PINK. After all, the DW haters on the interweb said that her sonic screwdriver looked..... Phallic :D;):p

Commissario
OP
I thought this was on tonight but it appears it's tomorrow (Sunday). Odd.

I very much disagree with the Doctor being a girl but I'll give it a try because I've been a fan since I can remember. This just feels so wrong.

Caporegime

I very much disagree with the Doctor being a girl but I'll give it a try because I've been a fan since I can remember. This just feels so wrong.

Yeah it’s changing to Sunday.

What feels odd? I don’t particularly care the doctor being a woman...but I do care about tokenism in the BBC...it drives me mad..

I’m sure the next doctor will be black, disabled, gay, transgender and Asian.

Soldato

I'll give it a go (again!) I thought Peter Capaldi's talents were waisted. Maybe a female Dr. and some new writers will breathe some new life into the show. Here's hoping anyway. nowt else on Sunday evenings.

Soldato

Like many (rational) people, I've certainly been willing to give this a try and watch first before making my mind up.
Then they started releasing god awful glass ceiling, girl power, beyonce music, "it's about time" nonsense ****ing bull*** trailers and my expectations plummeted.

Still.... maybe it's a big fake out and it will actually be really good?

Soldato
From what I've read/seen so far, there's too many jokes and not enough 'serious' Doctor. Hopefully they'll get that out of the way early on and settle into something better. If it turns out to be another steaming pile, I'll just have to go back and watch Christopher Eccleston & David Tennant again ...

Soldato
Has Moffat had anything to do with this ? Tbh I’m expecting it to be crap but willing to give it a go. Capaldi was wasted in the last season with awful story’s.

We shall see.

Soldato
From what I've read/seen so far, there's too many jokes and not enough 'serious' Doctor. Hopefully they'll get that out of the way early on and settle into something better. If it turns out to be another steaming pile, I'll just have to go back and watch Christopher Eccleston & David Tennant again ...
There has been comedy in Dr Who since William Hartnel finished!
Andi.

Soldato

They decided to move to Sunday because they wanted a more predictable time slot. I think both Moffat and Capaldi complained that the show's time slot moved about too much to accommodate other programmes.

Has Moffat had anything to do with this ? Tbh I’m expecting it to be crap but willing to give it a go. Capaldi was wasted in the last season with awful story’s.

We shall see.

Nope, he's gone; thankfully. Moffat's tenure started out well, but gradually got worse.

New team of writers headed by Chris Chibnall, who wrote Broadchurch. He did work on Torchwood, so he has some experience with sci-fi.

I guess we'll find out after a few episodes whether a new team can breathe much needed new life into the show.

When does this launch?

Today at 6:45pm.

Back
Top Bottom