Doctor Who

Soldato
I didn't think it was very good at all, just seemed like that though having 2 doctors was the story and they didn't do anything with it.

I really hope some decent stories come along soon, I have felt so much that each of the last two doctors were completely wasted, Peter had so much potential to be a dark doctor and they just made him funny. Hope the new girl gets something to work with

XPE

XPE

Soldato
As far as regeneration episodes go this was one of the poorer ones (poorest modern one).

This episode kind of sums up the Moffat era in general, creativity that was wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. The strangest thing is I’ll miss Capaldi not for the Doctor he was but for the potential he could have brought to the role, unfortunately I will be remember him as the time when Moffat started to reuse old ideas and used cheap victories that left no lasting impressions.

Soldato
What is it with Moffat's reluctance to let anyone actually die? So Clara dies, apparently, but no she's resurrected into some kind of time bubble of infinitely extended time, or something. And Bill Potts? Shes dead but she's not dead she's been resurrected by some alien into some kind of everlasting lesbian love tryst, except this weeks she's apparently dead after all? I've completely lost any track who's who and what's dead anymore. And the soldier who's supposed to die, expecting to die, the Doctor apparently risks breaking apart the universe but no! Suddenly and miraculously he's not going to die after all! And the universe is suddenly ok with it!

I agreed with the telegraph review. Load of self indulgent overly wordy complicated and lacking any substance whatsoever twaddle that disappeared up its own jacksi like Sherlock did. 2 stars about sums it up. Lets hope the new Dr well have better stories.

Last edited:
Associate
I kind of liked it, but if in lieu of a monster and some hallways to run down they wanted to do this testimony thing and look at "are the memories enough or is there more to" it needed a bit more examination than 3 rounds of pantomime "I'm the real Bill" "On no you're not".

Oh and I had a birthday while Capaldi was giving that last speech, can we have just one Doctor in the new era just go?

Soldato
Well that was pretty non eventful.

But the BBC put in a very politically incorrect joke at them end. :O

First go at driving the Tardis as a woman and she crashes? :O

Soldato
It's all good fun laughing at 'women drivers' and a crashing TARDIS (even though the TARDIS is constantly crashing even when the Doctor regenerates into a man).

But if you want to really look at PC imagery, who thinks there was a subtle meaning in the ring falling off her hand?
1) She's simply smaller, so the ring didn't fit?
2) GIRL POWER, throw off the shackles of male oppression and refuse to be tied down with this symbol of male ownership?

I started thinking of that just as a joke, wondering what PC nonsense you could ascribe to anything you see.... but the more I think of it......

Caporegime
Ok, New Year's Day, nothing on TV so I thought I watch this show for the first time ever.

So decided to go with the first episode with Karen Gillan….is this show meant to be a bit camp and cheesy?
Go back a couple of seasons, watch Christopher Eccleston then David Tennant. The Matt Smith era is rubbish apart from serious eye candy on the assistant front.

Back
Top Bottom