Doctor Who

Soldato
Another poor episode. I'm even more sad about this one as part of it was filmed about a mile from my house (not that location has any bearing on quality). Still, I'm not surprised. The last Transformers film was awful, and the submarine part was filmed here too.

Man of Honour
Another poor episode. I'm even more sad about this one as part of it was filmed about a mile from my house (not that location has any bearing on quality). Still, I'm not surprised. The last Transformers film was awful, and the submarine part was filmed here too.

It was filmed less than a mile from my house :)

Alverstocracy for the win :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
While not being too bothered about a woman playing the character, i saw a comment on another forum regarding her portrayal as channeling Paul Whitehouse's "brilliant!" Character off the fastshow which hits it on the head.

While the writing is pretty appalling, her doctor just doesn't give the impression that she could rip the universe apart if she ever got mad at a dalek.

I suspect it would be racist to be anti-dalek, she would have to be inclusive of it, be sure not to insult it or offend it by referring to it with a negative term just because of the race it belongs to. :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Another crap episode. I was hoping she wouldn’t come up from the ducking stool and it would all be over. Utter crap. There are literally no redeeming qualities to this series.

The writing has been a bit **** for a long time but everything about this is awful.

Commissario
OP
I know previous Doctors have done it but the endless name dropping of famous people is grating as well because it’s being overdone.

As the ducking stool went down, I said to Mrs. Feek that it would come up empty and that there would be a reference to Houdini.

*sigh*

Associate
There's been a couple of weak episodes and a big improvement when Chibnall stopped writing since he seems incapable of ending an episode but overall I'm enjoying it, it's certainly stronger than it's been during most of Capaldi's run and I'm waiting for the day 13 gets some material as strong as Capaldi had during his best stuff.

But I suppose if I was preoccupied with counting sonic screwdriver uses and ratios of white actors against minorities instead of watching the episode presented I'd drive myself to hate it too.

UTT

UTT

Associate
Maybe I'm not as fussy or nitpicky as some on here, but I've enjoyed and loved every episode .

Jodie is fantastic. Wish there was a bit of an arc or more existing creatures.

I think that must be the second or third time you've praised the programme.

Reading this thread, plus my low opinion of the show, you must admit you're swimming against the tide? Fair play though.

Man of Honour
I think that must be the second or third time you've praised the programme.

Reading this thread, plus my low opinion of the show, you must admit you're swimming against the tide? Fair play though.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people thought The Last Jedi was a good film, there are even some people, clear lunatics that they are, who think The Expanse isnt a good show.

Associate
Only episode I have liked so far was the Demons in India one.

Liked the way the Aliens were super smart, equal to the Doctor perhaps, and ultimately proved to have rather commendable intentions

Am not watching them in order anymore as, well, what's the point? No ark going on at all it seems. Might skip the Kerblam one entirely unless people think it's worth a watch? It's a poor series in general imo. Not sure if the rumours of Jodie Whittaker threatening to quit after Season 2 were real? Read about it few days back.

Back
Top Bottom