Doctor Who

Soldato
It's like carbonwoke offsetting, maybe strictly, with latest announcement, will now take on this burden, and Doctor Who can be liberated to run free.
there probably needs to be a woke score in imdb/tomatoes.

....Corrie seems to be hitting a rich vein of this atm - police stopped my car meme

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Dr Who failed because they started the WOKE bull**** and forgot its about a good Story for the sake of a good Story with Aliens in it.

/kill it off for 30 years.

Associate
I don't think JMS can save it. at best he can do. is some very well written episodes. but the underlying problems will still be there that it still BAD sci-fi.
to me Davies brought the Dr back wrong. instead of Bring the Dr into the 21st century. he brought it back as a 70/80's sci fi show and all that intailes, so that by todays standards the Dr is just out of date

if i was incharge i would take the Dr off the air for 5ish years and then reboot him. have some one go threw all the old Dr stuff and do a bit of world building, so that things like one week the tardis can translate speech from the other side of a plant, and the next week it can't translate anything from across the town cause you outside the field

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its low budget (or at least it looks like it) so focus on the story, focus on the actors and companion and give them some good story lines. And by good I don't mean the current trend of faux emotion where people just tell us how hard it is for them and why we should all sympathise with them. Stop dealing with social and political issues with the subtlety of a wrecking ball and stop using Dr Who as a vehicle to push the BBC diversity agenda. Just give us good stories.

Caporegime
Dr Who failed because they started the WOKE bull**** and forgot its about a good Story for the sake of a good Story with Aliens in it.

/kill it off for 30 years.
it became less of a program for the family and more of a programme for kids and the woke.

I bet the people behind it only cared about pushing their echo chamber hive mind onto a new generation
the whole thing needs a total reboot, skip everything thats new it's not cannon.

remake it as a show for older teens and adults

Soldato
it became less of a program for the family and more of a programme for kids and the woke.

I bet the people behind it only cared about pushing their echo chamber hive mind onto a new generation
the whole thing needs a total reboot, skip everything thats new it's not cannon.

remake it as a show for older teens and adults
They had Torchwood for that aspect. Wish they'd bring it back.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm on the Torchwood was largely crap side but I really really dislike the John Barrowman character. Came across as an arrogant ***** who loved the smell of his own **** and everyone thought he was amazing. You can pull that off with the right casting, the right acting and the right script and it had none of them.

Soldato
I'm not sure I could rememember a/any torchwood story, but,
on the diversity side it just felt natural, like, diversity in Eastenders Corry Netflix , yes lower budget,
querky characters like excellent c4 Utopia, and, post watershed, double entendres and adult language permitted.

Soldato
Torchwood started off good and had some great moments right up to the end, but it was also interspersed with going right up its own woke BBC backside, and getting completely lost in where they thought they were going with the main plots.

Back
Top Bottom