Doctor Who

with disney cuts, going to be interesting to see if they stay onboard after the specials - if RTD delivers good old-quality script for these viewers should watch, but after that if Ncuti continues,
will he fulfill their required pre-view audience satisfaction levels, the little mermaid debacle has presumably given disney pause for thought.

Last edited:
what I'd read about disney relationship
However, according to the Daily Telegraph, the BBC's Doctor Who deal with Disney+ is bigger than had previously been reported. They report this is in fact a co-production deal, with Disney+ co-financing in return for distribution rights and an element of creative input.

IF the BBC does deals like this then maybe it'll have the ability to scrap the licence fund and get from under the thumb of which ever government is in power and can threaten to pull said funding...

IF the BBC does deals like this then maybe it'll have the ability to scrap the licence fund and get from under the thumb of which ever government is in power and can threaten to pull said funding...
Theyve always done deals, they teamed up with HBO a few times like on ROME https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome_(TV_series)
don't forget they sell programmes world wide as well, license fee is just the golden goose that will always be laying eggs

Last edited:
problem is the creative input rights that disney get, as for netflix, they formulaically develop the programme for the USA demographic - diversity, violence, sex - HBO had input on RTD's it's a Sin,
but, look at the crown, sex education, GOT, bridgerton ;
the traditional english humour in Who gets lost. *** don't even consider going down this path ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Official anniversary date is November 23rd so I'd say first special will be around th3n.

I've just seen the 10 second teaser, it's got binary text that translates to

Their time has come, September 23rd 6.10pm BBC One

I'll take that as the official trailer and broadcast date reveal.

Last edited:
I don’t know if it was just the audio balance on my telly but I found it quite difficult to hear the spoken words when the trailer was on before Strictly. It’s like the old problem of the Murray Gold soundtrack being too loud.

I don’t know if it was just the audio balance on my telly but I found it quite difficult to hear the spoken words when the trailer was on before Strictly. It’s like the old problem of the Murray Gold soundtrack being too loud.
I think Murray might be back for this run. I watched on YouTube and it sounded fine to me.

2mins 32 seconds. Wouldn't say it gave too much away. Just confirmed the main villain which most fans guessed a year ago and a few bits about Donna. Still a lot we don't know and people we didn't see. Still a lot of surprises.

Didn't know it was going to be a full DT Doctor episode(s), didn't know Donna was back or NPH/Toymaker was the bad guy and then the reveal of the new Doctor in a trailer?

Also loads of the big set pieces.

Just the same as a movie trailer these days, gives away far too much - my fault for watching.

Last edited:
Take it you didn't see the teaser a few months back that also showed DT, Catherine, NPH and a flash of Ncuti? Or anything on the official site.

They made a big deal of DT being the 14th Doctor reunited with Donna both online and in DW magazine.

So much we still don't know, like how the story goes, what order those clips are featured and what else takes place. We just saw some characters and their situations roughly. Think its going to be 70-80 mins so 2 mims of it doesn't really show too much.

Nope, i stay away from spoilers, or try to! I though it would be a quick 30secs trailer then with the airing date.

I knew Ncuti is the new Doctor, so it was a surprise when DT appeared at the end of the last episode. However, i thought it would be some form of time glitch and Ncuti was generate - but from the trailer, we've got full on DT - which isn't a bad thing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom